North Bethesda, MDAPPLY
- JOB ID 2022-1674
- Real Estate
Federal Realty Investment Trust is a proven leader in the ownership, operation, and redevelopment of high quality retail real estate in the country's best markets. We believe we are one of the most innovative and dynamic real estate companies you can work for. Interested candidates who research Federal hear a lot about our high quality shopping centers and mixed use centers. Our well respected real estate team is at our core, but it's the smaller intangible things that can make working at Federal so satisfying. You see, while we're one of the largest publicly traded real estate investment trusts in the country, as measured by the value of our shopping centers, we're really a very small company by most standards and we try to operate that way. Our stability and success are due to our great team of employees! Would you like to join our team? If so, learn more about our current opportunity below.
The Sustainability Analyst will support the Director of Sustainability in the development and implementation of Federal Realty’s fast evolving ESG program. The ideal candidate will thrive in a fast paced, detail-oriented environment, and be driven to effect change within Federal’s portfolio. The foundational work conducted by the Sustainability Analyst will support the bigger picture initiatives pursued by Federal Realty.
- Track and analyze performance data around Federal Realty’s 14 MW onsite solar portfolio
- Conduct detailed quality control on the accuracy, completeness, and consistency of utility data
- Consolidate data from various sources for the purposes of reporting to GRESB, CDP, and other various public reporting frameworks
- Drive continuous system and process improvement to streamline ESG data collection, management, and reporting requirements
- Collaborate with internal teams to identify asset-level regulatory and physical climate risks, and develop mitigation plans
- Perform ad hoc analysis and special projects as requested
- BA or BS Degree, degree in business, environmental studies, sustainability management, or equivalent preferred.
- 1-3 years of professional experience in sustainability and/or real estate industry
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office (Outlook, Excel, Word, Power Point)
- Excellent communication, writing skills, and good attention to detail
- Ability to work across multiple teams in a fast-paced, fluid environment
- Ability to solve problems involving several options in situations
- Experience in a corporate sustainability-related role, preferably creating ESG reporting/metrics deliverables, and supporting ESG
- Knowledge of the Global Reporting Initiative (GRI), Task Force on Climate-related Financial Disclosures (TCFD), and climate risk scenario analysis preferred
- ENERGY STAR Portfolio Manager experience preferred
Federal Realty Investment Trust is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.
Federal Realty Investment Trust does not accept unsolicited resumes through or from search firms or staffing agencies. All unsolicited resumes will be considered the property of Federal Realty Investment Trust and Federal Realty Investment Trust will not be obligated to pay a placement fee.
If you are unable to submit your application online, please call 301-998-8100.