North Bethesda, MDAPPLY
- JOB ID 2022-1670
Federal Realty is a proven leader in the ownership, operation, and redevelopment of high quality retail real estate in the country's best markets. We believe we are one of the most innovative and dynamic real estate companies you can work for. Interested candidates who research Federal Realty hear a lot about the high quality shopping centers and mixed use center in our portfolios and the well-respected real estate team at our core, it's the smaller intangible things that can make working at Federal so satisfying. You see, while we're one of the largest publicly traded real estate investment trusts in the country, as measured by the value of our shopping centers, we're really a very small company by most standards and we try to operate that way. That means that team members with initiative and ability can get involved in many facets of our business over the years. I encourage you to look us up on LinkedIn and follow Federal Realty Investment Trust.
We are currently seeking an Administrative Assistant for our Legal Leasing/Legal Operations department to support the general administrative efforts of that department, including providing administrative support to the legal leasing team and the legal operations team. The ideal candidate will have the ability to work independently in time sensitive situations, manage to deadlines, work in a team environment, and prioritize assigned work. This individual must have the ability to work in a fast-paced environment while demonstrating attention to detail and mastery of software systems which are required in order to complete many of the assigned tasks.
- Provide administrative support for the department
- Create and manage versions of redlines/revisions to drafts of documents (including letters of intent, lease documents, contracts, settlement agreements, default letters, legal notices and correspondence received) using the Track Changes and Compare features of Microsoft Word
- Screen incoming calls, arrange travel, and prepare expense reports as needed
- Create and maintain department files (including litigation, claims, and certain license agreements) as directed by attorneys
- Maintain tenant files as directed by attorneys
- Create and maintain file directories in the department’s shared network drives and utilizing a Salesforce software cloud based platform
- Compose internal and external correspondence
- Assist attorneys with establishing calendar/tickler reminders for follow up
- Prepare and send packages and letters
- Receipt, date-stamp and distribute incoming mail and courier packages
- Assist other administrative support team members as necessary
- Assist with the updating of lease production reports using internal reporting software
- Use internal accounting software (JDEdwards/Nexus) to run account summaries, check for account arrearages, and request checks/wires for outgoing payments
- Coordinate, under supervision, the quarterly accruals and budget reporting for outside counsel spending by legal leasing and operations department.
- Input and code invoices, consistent with internal accounting practices, from outside counsel and consultants using accounts payable system.
- Setup and submit documents for signature using DocuSign
- Assist with third party insured claims for property loss and personal injury which are managed by in-house counsel
- Other duties as needed/assigned
- 5+ years previous administrative experience required including strong administrative skills in all areas
- High School Diploma required; Some college education preferred
- Advanced proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel, and Outlook
- Demonstrated ability to learn and use new computer software and systems
- Knowledge of legal terminology a plus
- Excellent communication skills
- Intermediate working knowledge of standard office equipment such as copiers, laser printers, calculators and express courier hardware and software
- Excellent grammar, proof-reading skills, and attention to detail
- Ability to handle and prioritize multiple priorities
- Previous experience with JDEdwards accounting software a plus
- Previous experience in a legal department of a real estate company a strong plus
- Work hours may include occasional evenings or authorized overtime to support deadlines
- Work in the corporate headquarters, located in North Bethesda (metro accessible), on a full time, in person basis
Federal Realty Investment Trust is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, genetics, sexual orientation, or protected Veteran status.
Federal Realty Investment Trust does not accept unsolicited resumes through or from search firms or staffing agencies. All unsolicited resumes will be considered the property of Federal Realty Investment Trust and Federal Realty Investment Trust will not be obligated to pay a placement fee.
If you are unable to submit your application online, please call 301-998-8100.