San Jose, CAAPPLY
- JOB ID 2022-1657
Federal Realty is a proven leader in the ownership, operation, development, and redevelopment of premium retail-based real estate in the country's best markets. We are an innovative and dynamic real estate company that owns and manages a best-in-class portfolio of community shopping centers and mixed-use properties. While Federal Realty is one of the largest publicly traded real estate investment trusts in the country, as measured by the value of our assets, we're functionally a small company by most standards and we operate that way. Team members with initiative and proven ability get involved in many facets of executing Federal’s business plan.
We are currently looking for a motivated Finance Associate to support the financial asset management for Federal Realty’s West Coast assets. This portfolio currently has 26 assets in California and Arizona, totaling 7.6 million square feet that range from mixed-used to street retail to grocery-anchored and power centers. This role will be responsible for the division’s budgeting, forecasting, and reporting, as well as provide analytical support to Asset Management in their efforts to achieve maximum value creation. This person will be a team player, working with leasing, legal, lease administration, development, operations, collections, marketing, and tenant coordination. The ideal candidate is equally fluent with accounting and finance and therefore able to view financial performance from both perspectives, tenacious about understanding the details, as well as have the highest level of personal integrity, intelligence, and broad thinking characteristics to succeed. This position is located in either El Segundo, CA or San Jose, CA.
- Create, maintain, and analyze detailed 10-quarter rolling cash flow forecasts for each property with the West’s financial team, and consolidate for the division.
- Compile and analyze portfolio financials for senior management reporting. Must be able to glean the big picture portfolio drivers, as well as understand the underlying details.
- Assist with driving annual budget process and quarterly reforecasting process; includes tracking deadlines and partnering with team to achieve regional and corporate financial objectives.
- Evaluate potential leasing, development and redevelopment opportunities.
- Prepare financial analysis for and assist in preparation of Investment Committee memoranda.
- Manage real estate tax expenses through tracking of assessments, review of bills, and interaction with tax counsel on in-process and potential appeals.
- Review prospective tenant financial performance to determine creditworthiness.
- Identify process improvement opportunities.
- Perform ad hoc analysis and special projects as requested.
- Bachelor’s degree in Finance and/or Accounting. MBA and/or CPA a plus
- 5+ years’ experience in financial analyses and reporting
- Demonstrated interest in Real Estate preferred
- Strong analytical and data gathering skills, with solid understanding of financial valuation concepts (financial ratios, IRR, NPV, etc.) and GAAP/accrual accounting
- High intermediate to advanced proficiency in MS Excel, particularly with modeling and analyzing large datasets
- Proficiency in Argus Enterprise (or similar real estate modeling software) required
- Familiarity with JD Edwards or comparable accounting systems
- Excellent interpersonal, verbal, and written communication skills
- Highly detail-oriented, organized, and efficient; ability to work with minimal supervision, handle multiple projects, think creatively, and set priorities
- Growth mindset
Federal Realty Investment Trust is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, genetics, sexual orientation, or protected Veteran status.
Federal Realty Investment Trust does not accept unsolicited resumes through or from search firms or staffing agencies. All unsolicited resumes will be considered the property of Federal Realty Investment Trust and Federal Realty Investment Trust will not be obligated to pay a placement fee.
If you are unable to submit your application online, please call 301-998-8100.