San Jose, CAAPPLY
- JOB ID 2022-1656
Federal Realty is a proven leader in the ownership, operation, development, and redevelopment of premium retail-based real estate in the country's best markets. We are an innovative and dynamic real estate company that owns and manages a best-in-class portfolio of community shopping centers and mixed-use properties. While Federal Realty is one of the largest publicly traded real estate investment trusts in the country, as measured by the value of our assets, we're functionally a small company by most standards and we operate that way. Team members with initiative and proven ability get involved in many facets of executing Federal’s business plan.
We are seeking a Financial Analyst to provide strategic, financial, and analytical support for our West Coast portfolio. The region currently has 26 assets in California and Arizona, totaling 7.6 million square feet that range from mixed-used to street retail to grocery-anchored and power centers. This person will work closely with the Asset Management, Leasing, Lease Administration, Corporate Finance and Accounting teams to help achieve maximum value creation from our assets. The ideal candidate has a solid grasp of both accounting and financial valuation; is detail-oriented with an eye towards accuracy; exhibits resourcefulness, tenacity, and database savviness; and can quickly synthesize information and execute under tight deadlines. This position is located at Santana Row in San Jose, CA.
- Review prospective retail and office tenant financial performance to determine creditworthiness.
- Analyze periodic financial results to ensure accounting accuracy and to prepare reports for senior management.
- Assist in the creation of annual budgets and quarterly forecasts.
- Assist in preparation of financial analyses for Investment Committee memoranda.
- Ensure accurate common area maintenance (CAM) and real estate tax tenant billings prepared by Federal’s lease administration personnel. Ensure recovery forecasts accurately reflect tenant billing calculation methods per lease language.
- Perform ad hoc analysis and special projects as requested.
- 3+ years of work experience in financial analyses and reporting, real estate preferred
- Bachelor’s Degree required
- Solid understanding of accounting and financial valuation concepts (financial ratios, IRR, NPV, etc.)
- Intermediate to advanced proficiency in Microsoft Excel
- Argus Enterprise experience is preferred
- Motivated self-starter with the ability to work with minimal supervision and function effectively in a team environment; strong communication skills and sharing mindset
- Exceptional attention to accuracy and detail while handling multiple projects under tight deadlines
- Excellent analytical skills (financial, problem solving, critical thinking, and excel modeling)
Federal Realty Investment Trust is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, genetics, sexual orientation, or protected Veteran status.
Federal Realty Investment Trust does not accept unsolicited resumes through or from search firms or staffing agencies. All unsolicited resumes will be considered the property of Federal Realty Investment Trust and Federal Realty Investment Trust will not be obligated to pay a placement fee.
If you are unable to submit your application online, please call 301-998-8100.