Customer Service Representative - Part-Time, Temporary
La Mesa, CAAPPLY
- JOB ID 2021-1583
Federal Realty Investment Trust is a publicly traded company that is a proven leader in the ownership, operation, and redevelopment of high quality retail real estate in the country’s best markets. We believe we are one of the most innovative and dynamic real estate companies you can work for. Candidates who research Federal Realty hear a lot about the high quality shopping centers, urban lifestyle centers and residential products. We have a well-respected real estate team at our core but it's the smaller intangible things that can make working at Federal so satisfying. You see, while we're one of the largest publicly traded real estate investment trusts in the country, as measured by the value of our shopping centers, we're really a very small company by most standards and we try to operate that way. Our stability and success is due to our great team of employees! Would you like to join our team? If so, learn more about our current opportunity below.
Federal Realty Investment Trust is currently sourcing for a part-time, temporary, Customer Service Representative at Grossmont Center. This individual is an enthusiastic person who can, under the direction of the Marketing Coordinator and Senior Director, Marketing, provide exceptional customer service to Grossmont shoppers and the general public. This role will provide shopping information, and other services as requested by the Marketing Department. The Customer Service Representative will be required to interact and cooperate with others to ensure that Federal Realty’s objectives and goals are achieved.
Duration and Work Schedule: The position is expected to start early November and run through the beginning of January 2022 or may become longer term. Working schedule would be Sundays and Thursdays 11am-7pm with the possibility of working additional weekend and holiday days based on availability.
- Greet shoppers and retailers; entertain, chat, establish relationships
- Inform guests by providing directions, answering questions
- Answering the phone lines and responding to voicemails daily
- Suggest and Sell – based on needs of shopper, offer gift and store suggestions, information on sales, promotions and events taking place at Grossmont Center
- Establish and maintain a strong rapport with retailers
- Prepare reports as directed
- Maintain a thorough knowledge of Grossmont services, amenities/facilities and stores/ locations.
- Assist marketing department with implementation and execution of marketing programs and special events
- Communicate with coworkers and external business partners, vendors and tenants as needed
- Other duties as assigned
- 1+ years’ experience in a customer service role
- High School Diploma preferred
- Strong oral and written communication skills; communication with retailers, customers, management and all Grossmont Center
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment, managing multiple deadlines, and remaining professional at all times
- Proactively seek opportunities to provide exceptional customer service
- Proactive, approachable and solution focused
- Must be flexible and able to work weekends, nights and holidays
- Proficient with Microsoft Office, in particular Word and Excel