- JOB ID 2021-1559
Federal Realty Investment Trust is a proven leader in the ownership, operation, development and redevelopment of premium retail real estate in the country's best markets. We consider ourselves one of the most innovative and dynamic real estate companies in the area. We encourage you to research Federal Realty to learn about our high-quality community shopping centers and mixed-use properties. While Federal Realty is one of the largest publicly traded real estate investment trusts in the country (as measured by the value of our assets), we function and operate as a small company. Team members with initiative and proven ability can be involved in many facets of executing Federal Realty’s business plan. We encourage you to look us up on LinkedIn and follow Federal Realty Investment Trust.
Federal Realty Investment Trust is sourcing for a Development Intern to join our team in Tysons Corner, Virginia. This is a summer internship position with a duration of about 8 weeks.
Provide support to regional development team on design/construction/redevelopment projects including:
- Organize project teams and contact information, project due diligence, and information on existing site/building conditions.
- Review/abstract municipal codes including zoning, signage criteria, permits and project fees
- Prepare timelines for entitlements, municipal approvals, and construction
- Coordinate collection and review of cost estimates.
- Conduct site visits to monitor construction progress.
Provide support to regional development/Tenant coordination teams on lease deals, including:
- Abstract leases and tenant work letters
- Preparing and track schedule of critical dates
Work with the development, TC and asset management teams to:
- Track and monitor budgets, committed costs, and change orders
- Coordinate response to accounting inquiries
- Track quarterly accruals
Perform general support activities for the development team, including:
- Organize the electronic filing of plans, permits, and other documents
- Create electronic records of historical files.
- Current student pursuing an undergraduate or graduate degree from an accredited university within the construction, engineering, or business concentrations preferred
- Previous internship experience a plus
- Outstanding interpersonal, written, and verbal communication skills
- Understanding of the construction and/or development process preferred
- Strong positive attitude, ability to follow direction, take initiative, display desire to learn
- Strong organizational skills
- Intermediate or advanced skills in Microsoft Word, Excel, Power Point
- Ability to work in a fast pace environment and handle multiple tasks daily
- Strong follow-up and follow through skills
Federal Realty Investment Trust is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.
Federal Realty Investment Trust does not accept unsolicited resumes through or from search firms or staffing agencies. All unsolicited resumes will be considered the property of Federal Realty Investment Trust and Federal Realty Investment Trust will not be obligated to pay a placement fee.
If you are unable to submit your application online, please call 301-998-8100.