- JOB ID 2020-1528
- Property Management
Federal Realty Investment Trust is a proven leader in the ownership, operation, development and redevelopment of premium retail real estate in the country's best markets. We consider ourselves one of the most innovative and dynamic real estate companies in the area. We encourage you to research Federal Realty to learn about our high-quality community shopping centers and mixed-use properties. While Federal Realty is one of the largest publicly traded real estate investment trusts in the country (as measured by the value of our assets), we function and operate as a small company. Team members with initiative and proven ability can be involved in many facets of executing Federal Realty’s business plan. We encourage you to look us up on LinkedIn and follow Federal Realty Investment Trust.
We are currently sourcing for a Property Manager, who will be based in Escondido, and will manage the operations of Escondido Promenade, an outdoor community center with over 50 merchants and lifestyle retailers. This is a great opportunity for an experienced Assistant Property Manager who would like to take on a Property Manager role. The ideal candidate will have experience in retail property operations and will utilize their experience to implement policies/procedures, set up controls and best practices. The Property Manager will partner with the financial and strategic directors of the region to be able to enhance the property’s value creation. The candidate must have experience that will enable them to be influential in the areas of operations, tenant relations, security, procurement, contract management and risk management in order to achieve maximum productivity and profitability while maintaining the highest level of corporate standards. This person will have the highest level of personal integrity, intelligence and broad thinking characteristics to succeed.
- Serve as the primary point of contract for all merchant’s daily operating needs including general maintenance, tenant utilities, trash and parking management and respond in a timely manner
- Manage service providers responsible for the day-to-day operational needs of the shopping center including repair and maintenance, landscaping, housekeeping, waste removal, security, etc., ensuring that property standards are maintained
- Create and maintain operations standards and procedures
- Develop and implement proactive strategies to resolve property operational and compliance-related challenges
- Develop and maintain positive tenant relations. Obtain tenant intel on sales and market comps.
- Perform regular site inspections to assess physical property condition, compliance and overall administration
- Develop and review annual property operating budgets, monitor all purchases and expenses to ensure cost effectiveness and compliance with budget parameters, prepare monthly variance reports and quarterly budget reforecast reports.
- Manage all controllable expenses within budget without compromising the portfolio’s integrity
- Create and maintain long range capital improvements plans.
- Determine job specifications and competitively bid all large maintenance projects and service agreements
- Submit all routine reports including activity reports, variance reports, property inspections, roof inspections and lighting reports in a timely manner
- Work cooperatively with Project Managers in Tenant Coordination to expedite the completion of Landlord work, delivery of spaces to tenants and the opening of tenants for business
- Perform Accounts Receivable management via phone contacts, in person meetings and collections. Review and report status
- Process all payables associated with assigned portfolio in timely manner
- Identify the significant issues affecting the property's performance. Implement programs or make recommendations to correct problems and enhance positive aspects of the property
- Work on special projects related to the West Coast portfolio to include contract management, utility audits, and other projects
- Develop and maintain a system for tracking vendor insurance certificates
- Produce contracts and work orders as requested by property managers
- Evaluate Scopes of Work and help property managers develop appropriate Scopes of Work to their projects
- Provide advice and assistance to property managers with the RFP process
- Develop a library of scopes of work that can be used as starting points for common services (janitorial, pest control, security, etc.)
- Complete other various special projects and duties as assigned
- Must have a minimum of 3 years’ prior property management experience; experience managing retail shopping centers is preferred
- Bachelor's Degree required or equivalent experience
- Excellent computer skills with proficiency in MS Office software
- Demonstrated experience budgeting, monitoring expenses, preparing monthly management and financial reports, and processing accounts payable
- Previous direct responsibility for negotiating and monitoring maintenance projects and service contracts
- Excellent communication skills and customer focus
- Well organized with excellent time management skills
- Demonstrated ability to apply principles of logical thinking to define problems, collect pertinent data, establish facts, draw valid conclusions and initiate appropriate course of action
Federal Realty Investment Trust is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.
Federal Realty Investment Trust does not accept unsolicited resumes through or from search firms or staffing agencies. All unsolicited resumes will be considered the property of Federal Realty Investment Trust and Federal Realty Investment Trust will not be obligated to pay a placement fee.
If you are unable to submit your application online, please call 301-998-8100.