Administrative Assistant, Lease Administration
- JOB ID 2020-1521
Federal Realty Investment Trust is a proven leader in the ownership, operation, development and redevelopment of premium retail real estate in the country's best markets. We are an innovative and dynamic real estate company that owns and manages a best-in-class portfolio of community shopping centers and mixed-use properties. Federal Realty’s well-respected real estate investment and management team delivers a significant combination of small and large scale, value-add investments that make working at Federal rewarding. While Federal Realty is one of the largest publicly traded real estate investment trusts in the country, as measured by the value of our assets, we're functionally a small company by most standards and we operate that way. Team members with initiative and proven ability get involved in many facets of executing Federal’s business plan.
Federal Realty is seeking an Administrative Assistant to support the Lease Administration department. The ideal candidate will be a self-sufficient, self-starter who is detail-oriented and organized with a demonstrated high degree of prioritization skills. The successful candidate must have an energetic attitude and enjoy working in a team environment by performing administrative and project-oriented tasks that ensure the smooth operation of the department.
- Assist the Recovery Lease Administrators in preparing packages to tenants, including copying, collating back-up, and sending via certified mail
- Record daily in-coming and out-going lease documents in department log and distribute needed copies to Lease Administration staff
- Perform general office duties including filing, collating tenant mailings and copying for Lease Administration staff
- Run monthly A/R Reports, Tenant Statements, Sales Delinquency letters
- Provide back-up to the Cash Administration team and Senior Sales Analyst as need (applying tenant payments and processing tenant sales)
- Coordinate department record retention (codes, dates and box files for storage and destruction)
- Prepare annual folders for recovery billings, sales, property correspondence, EMS, and lease reporting
- Sort, open and distribute daily department mail (opening all envelopes, taking out tenant sales reports and checks)
- Order department office supplies, update monthly department calendar, and coordinate department events
- Work on special projects as they occur and other duties, as assigned
- High School Diploma or GED required; college or continuing education courses preferred
- 1-3 years past experience as an Administrative Assistant
- Proven ability to organize, prioritize, and handle multiple tasks simultaneously
- Functional knowledge of business machines such as printers, copiers, scanners
- Basic proficiency with Excel, Outlook, and Word
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to work with minimal direction, maintaining confidentiality and professionalism
- Demonstrated detail orientation and strong administrative skills
- Ability to establish strong interpersonal relationships in a team environment
Federal Realty Investment Trust is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, genetics, sexual orientation, or protected Veteran status.
Federal Realty Investment Trust does not accept unsolicited resumes through or from search firms or staffing agencies. All unsolicited resumes will be considered the property of Federal Realty Investment Trust and Federal Realty Investment Trust will not be obligated to pay a placement fee.
If you are unable to submit your application online, please call 301-998-8100.