- JOB ID 2022-1663
Federal Realty is a proven leader in the ownership, operation, and redevelopment of high quality retail real estate in the country's best markets. We believe we are one of the most innovative and dynamic real estate companies you can work for. Interested candidates who research Federal Realty hear a lot about the high quality shopping centers and mixed use center in our portfolios and the well-respected real estate team at our core, it's the smaller intangible things that can make working at Federal so satisfying. You see, while we're one of the largest publicly traded real estate investment trusts in the country, as measured by the value of our shopping centers, we're really a very small company by most standards and we try to operate that way. That means that team members with initiative and ability can get involved in many facets of our business over the years. I encourage you to look us up on LinkedIn and follow Federal Realty Investment Trust.
Federal Realty has an excellent opportunity for an Administrative Assistant who is interested in a career in the retail real estate industry. Located in our Tysons Virginia office, this role supports the team in the Tysons office and manages daily administrative operations including project coordination, full-scale calendar management and scheduling, meeting preparation and follow-up, and travel coordination. The successful candidate must possess superb judgment, communication, organizational, and multi-tasking skills.
- Provides administrative and project support to the Tysons, VA office team
- Provide front desk receptionist coverage
- Interacts with vendors on an ongoing and as needed basis regarding submission of paperwork and payments
- Coordinates work of department with other corporate departments as required
- Prepares and track contracts, change orders, purchase orders, check requests, invoices and gas cards charges
- Schedule meetings and arranges travel for department personnel and completes travel related expense reports
- Assist with soliciting vendor and contractor proposals
- Assist with marketing and public relations initiatives as well as tenant communications
- Assist with updating project cost and schedule forecasts
- Coordinate with consultants, vendors, and contractors for various contractual matters
- Maintain project and tenant files
- Perform general office duties including but not limited to: typing, faxing, filing, copying, mail processing, and printing/copying of blueprints
- 3-5 plus years’ experience, preferably in a construction, property management and/or real estate environment
- Associate degree or equivalent related experience preferred
- Intermediate to advanced skill level in MS Office Suite (Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Outlook)
- Outstanding interpersonal, written, and verbal communications skills
- Proven ability to work in a fast-paced environment handling multiple tasks at any given time
- Strong follow-up and follow-through skills with the demonstrated ability to effectively prioritize, manage time, and deliver to deadlines
- Ability to coordinate and prioritize a number of projects and consistently apply good judgment and make good and responsible decisions
- Ability to maintain the highest degree of confidentiality regarding all aspects of work at all times
- Highly professional and detail oriented with successful problem-solving and creative thinking experience
- Proactive in solving problems and open to taking on more responsibility
- Ability to work flexible and long hours, as needed
- Understanding of the construction, property management, and/or development process a plus
Federal Realty Investment Trust is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, genetics, sexual orientation, or protected Veteran status.
Federal Realty Investment Trust does not accept unsolicited resumes through or from search firms or staffing agencies. All unsolicited resumes will be considered the property of Federal Realty Investment Trust and Federal Realty Investment Trust will not be obligated to pay a placement fee.
If you are unable to submit your application online, please call 301-998-8100.