Administrative Assistant, Collections
North Bethesda, MDAPPLY
- JOB ID 2022-1655
Federal Realty Investment Trust is a proven leader in the ownership, operation, development and redevelopment of premium retail real estate in the country's best markets. We consider ourselves one of the most innovative and dynamic real estate companies one can work with. Interested candidates who research Federal Realty learn about our high-quality community shopping center and mixed-use property portfolio. Federal Realty’s well-respected real estate investment and management team delivers a significant combination of modest and large, value-add investments that can make working at Federal rewarding. While Federal Realty is one of the largest publicly traded real estate investment trusts in the country, as measured by the value of our assets, we're functionally a small company by most standards and we operate that way. Team members with initiative and proven ability get involved in many facets of executing Federal’s business plan. We encourage you to look us up on LinkedIn and follow Federal Realty Investment Trust.
We are currently sourcing for an experienced Administrative Assistant to support the Collections Department at the headquarters location in North Bethesda, MD. Our ideal candidate will be highly motivated and a dedicated team player with experience supporting a team.
- Provide day-to-day administrative support to the Director of Collections and indirectly to the Collections Administrators including meeting scheduling, mail administration, supply management, and file maintenance
- Log all activity into the collections database including Deal Management Notices, leasing document activity, and reporting
- Code all rent checks for deposit on a daily basis, run NSF reports, and disseminate information to collections and lease administration
- Prepare all tenant correspondence and default notices and manage tracking notifications
- Prepare lawsuit packages for distribution to outside counsel
- Prepare NSF letters for returning checks to tenants encompassing lease language research and late fee calculation
- Submit and code all legal invoices for approval on a monthly basis, maintain the collections legal invoice file, and research past due balances
- Prepare monthly late fee reserve accrual and journal entries for accounting
- Prepare expense reports
- Perform other duties as assigned
- High School Diploma required, Bachelor’s Degree preferred
- 2-3 years’ administrative experience, collections and/or legal experience required
- Proven ability to work independently and meet the demands of high volume production
- Demonstrated attention to detail and solid organizational capabilities
- Proven characteristics of accurate and efficient data entry
- Strong multi-tasking, time management, and problem solving skills
- Motivated, energetic team player
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written
- Excellent customer service and client services philosophy in all interactions
- Demonstrated ability to gather data, compile information, and prepare reports
- Strong proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel, and Outlook
- Knowledge of JDE, AP Workflow, and/or Wells Fargo Office is a plus
Federal Realty Investment Trust is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, genetics, sexual orientation, or protected Veteran status.
Federal Realty Investment Trust does not accept unsolicited resumes through or from search firms or staffing agencies. All unsolicited resumes will be considered the property of Federal Realty Investment Trust and Federal Realty Investment Trust will not be obligated to pay a placement fee.
If you are unable to submit your application online, please call 301-998-8100.