- JOB ID 2022-1645
Federal Realty is a proven leader in the ownership, operation, development and redevelopment of premium retail real estate in the country's best markets. We are an innovative and dynamic real estate company that owns and manages a best-in-class portfolio of community shopping centers and mixed-use properties. Federal Realty’s well-respected real estate investment and management team delivers a significant combination of small and large scale, value-add investments that make working at Federal rewarding. While Federal Realty is one of the largest publicly traded real estate investment trusts in the country, as measured by the value of our assets, we're functionally a small company by most standards and we operate that way. Team members with initiative and proven ability get involved in many facets of executing Federal’s business plan.
Federal Realty is seeking a Financial Associate, located in its Somerville, MA office, to provide strategic, financial, and analytical support for its Boston/New York Region shopping center and mixed-use portfolio. The region is comprised of 18 properties, with approximately 3.8 million square feet of GLA and 1,000 residential units. Reporting to the Vice President, Asset Management and working closely with the Portfolio Financial Manager and the Senior Vice President, Finance, the Financial Associate partners with the Asset Management, Leasing, Operations, Construction and Development teams to provide financial support to achieve maximum value creation and assist in the evaluation and understanding of the overall financial performance of selected projects.
- Produce, maintain, and analyze detailed income and cash flow projections for portfolio properties
- Analyze periodic financial results and prepare reports for senior management
- Evaluate potential leasing, development and redevelopment opportunities
- Collect, organize, and interpret data across the Boston/New York Portfolio
- Assist in the creation of annual budgets and strategic business plans
- Assist in development of financial analyses for Investment Committee memoranda
- Review prospective retail and office tenant financial performance to determine creditworthiness
- Perform ad hoc analysis and special projects as requested
- 3-5 years’ experience in financial analyses and reporting (real estate preferred)
- Bachelor’s degree
- Solid understanding of financial valuation concepts (financial ratios, IRR, NPV, etc.)
- Intermediate to advanced proficiency in Microsoft Excel
- Familiarity with Argus Enterprise is a plus
- Motivated, self-starter with the ability to work with minimal supervision and function in a team environment by effectively communicating and sharing information with people in other departments within the company
- Keen attention to accuracy and detail while under tight deadlines
- Highly organized and efficient with the proven ability to handle multiple projects, think creatively and set priorities
Federal Realty Investment Trust is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, genetics, sexual orientation, or protected Veteran status.
Federal Realty Investment Trust does not accept unsolicited resumes through or from search firms or staffing agencies. All unsolicited resumes will be considered the property of Federal Realty Investment Trust and Federal Realty Investment Trust will not be obligated to pay a placement fee.
If you are unable to submit your application online, please call 301-998-8100.