Lease Administrator - Recoveries
North Bethesda, MDAPPLY
- JOB ID 2022-1639
Federal Realty is a proven leader in the ownership, operation, and redevelopment of high quality retail real estate in the country's best markets. We believe we are one of the most innovative and dynamic real estate companies you can work for. Interested candidates who research Federal Realty hear a lot about the high quality shopping centers and the well-respected real estate team at our core, it's the smaller intangible things that can make working at Federal so satisfying. You see, while we're one of the largest publicly traded real estate investment trusts in the country, as measured by the value of our shopping centers, we're really a very small company by most standards and we try to operate that way. That means that team members with initiative and ability can get involved in many facets of our business over the years. I encourage you to look us up on LinkedIn and follow Federal Realty Investment Trust.
We are currently sourcing for an experienced Lease Administrator in Recoveries to join our Lease Administration team in our corporate office in North Bethesda, Maryland. In this role you will focus on recoveries and be responsible for the day-to-day duties associated with billing Year End Common Area Maintenance (CAM) and Real Estate Tax Reconciliations for a portfolio of properties. This position serves as a liaison between Landlord and Tenant with regard to compliance of the Lease provisions related to Tenant Recoveries.
- Reads and interpret lease documents
- Calculate, prepare and send year-end Common Area Maintenance (CAM) and real estate tax recovery billings
- Calculate, prepare and send monthly adjustments for CAM and tax based on budgeted costs
- Processes account adjustments and prepare account reconciliations
- Responsible for base line collections of recovery billings
- Prepare special billings
- Respond to various tenant correspondence including tenant CAM audits
- Special projects as needed
- Other duties as assigned
- 3+ years of previous Lease Administration experience with a retail real estate or property management company required
- Strong background in preparation and billing of Common Area Maintenance and Real Estate Tax recoveries in a Retail Real Estate environment
- Undergraduate degree preferred
- Independent worker with strong organizational and team skills
- Ability to juggle multiple tasks under time constraints
- Strong Microsoft Excel Skills
- Effective communication skills, both verbal and written
Federal Realty Investment Trust is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.
Federal Realty Investment Trust does not accept unsolicited resumes through or from search firms or staffing agencies. All unsolicited resumes will be considered the property of Federal Realty Investment Trust and Federal Realty Investment Trust will not be obligated to pay a placement fee.
If you are unable to submit your application online, please call 301-998-8100.