Assistant Property Manager
- JOB ID 2022-1637
- Property Management
Federal Realty is a proven leader in the ownership, operation, development and redevelopment of premium retail real estate in the country's best markets. We consider ourselves one of the most innovative and dynamic real estate companies with which one can work. Interested candidates who research Federal Realty will learn about our high quality community shopping center and mixed use property portfolio. Federal Realty’s well-respected real estate investment and management team delivers a significant combination of both modest and large, value-add investments; being part of the team that conceives of an delivers these investments is very rewarding. While Federal Realty is one of the largest publicly traded real estate investment trusts in the country, as measured by the value of our assets, we function and operate more like a small company. Team members with initiative and proven ability get involved in many facets of executing Federal’s business plan. We encourage you to follow Federal Realty Investment Trust on LinkedIn.
Federal Realty is currently sourcing for an Assistant Property Manager. The ideal candidate will be a self-sufficient, self-starter who is detail oriented and extremely organized, can prioritize, has a passion for world class customer service, and thrives in a fast-paced dynamic environment. The candidate must have an energetic attitude and enjoy working in a team environment while performing administrative and project-oriented tasks that ensure the smooth operation of the property. The position is based in Charlottesville Virginia but will include travel to other properties in the portfolio.
- Serve as the primary point of contact for all merchant's daily operating needs including general maintenance, tenant utilities, trash and parking management and respond in a timely manner
- Assist with the supervision of the third-party vendors that provide security, landscaping and other services
- Financial responsibility for each property’s operating budget under guidance of the Regional Property Manager to include assisting in the preparation of the annual property operating budgets, monitor all purchases and expenses to ensure cost effectiveness and compliance with budget parameters, assisting with the preparation of monthly variance/quarterly budget forecast reports, and printing/distributing of monthly financials, accounts receivable reports, and sales reports
- Aid national operations with the preparation of job specifications and collection of competitively bid maintenance projects and service agreements
- Assist the property operations team with all written correspondence, calendars, emails, meeting schedules & logistics, faxes, packages, ordering uniforms, ordering property signage (i.e. "coming soon" signs), and the collection and updating of all Certificates of Insurance for both tenants and vendors
- Maintain and organize all property operations files and supplies
- Process all invoices to include the preparation of vendor maintenance forms for new vendors to be set up in AP Workflow, coding invoices and researching invoices as needed
- Monitor time, attendance, schedules, and process timesheets for all property employees, property manager, and contractors as applicable
- Prepare/Process expense reports for property operations team and prepare check requests on an as needed basis
- Maintain/Update tenant contact lists for regular and after-hours communication
- Update tenant required maintenance spreadsheet – HVAC, pest control, plumbing, etc.
- Prepare and distribute opening, closing, and landlord possession dates
- Prepare and maintain spreadsheets on lease required contracts. Send out necessary correspondence to get compliance.
- Distribute monthly night inspection report and generate necessary correspondence
- Assist in keeping track of lease language including sales break points, café seating and other special language that needs monitoring on a regular basis
- Perform property inspections in conjunction with the Property Manager
- Work with the Property Manager to respond to emergency situations
- Complete other various projects and duties as assigned
- 3-5 years’ experience as an Administrative Assistant, Residential Leasing/Management, Retail Management, or Operations Coordinator
- Past experience in retail property management is a plus
- College or continuing education courses in related fields
- Proven ability to organize and handle multiple tasks simultaneously with the competence to manage time efficiently
- High intermediate skills in Microsoft Office programs including Outlook, Word, Excel and Access
- Demonstrated strong verbal and written communications skills
- Must possess a strong attention to detail
- Demonstrated ability to be self-sufficient and work independently
- Proven customer service skills, with an ability to calmly resolve disputes or complaints
- Must be flexible and able to adapt quickly with different projects in a fast pace environment
Federal Realty Investment Trust is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.
Federal Realty Investment Trust does not accept unsolicited resumes through or from search firms or staffing agencies. All unsolicited resumes will be considered the property of Federal Realty Investment Trust and Federal Realty Investment Trust will not be obligated to pay a placement fee.
If you are unable to submit your application online, please call 301-998-8100.