Administrative Assistant, Tenant Coordination
San Jose, CAAPPLY
- JOB ID 2022-1636
Federal Realty is a proven leader in the ownership, operation, development and redevelopment of premium retail real estate in the country's best markets. We are an innovative and dynamic real estate company that owns and manages a best-in-class portfolio of community shopping centers and mixed use properties. Federal Realty’s well-respected real estate investment and management team delivers a significant combination of small and large scale, value-add investments that make working at Federal rewarding. While Federal Realty is one of the largest publicly traded real estate investment trusts in the country, as measured by the value of our assets, we're functionally a small company by most standards and we operate that way. Team members with initiative and proven ability get involved in many facets of executing Federal’s business plan.
Federal Realty is sourcing for an experienced Administrative Assistant to join our tenant services team located at our San Jose, California office. The Administrative Assistant provides support to the Tenant Coordination team’s various projects throughout the West Coast portfolio.
- Provide administrative support to department personnel.
- Assist Tenant Coordinators with Welcome Packages, Certificates of Insurance collection, W9 Construction Allowance Process and Security Deposits.
- Interact with tenants and vendors on an ongoing and as needed basis regarding submission of paperwork and payments.
- Coordinate with accounting to code and route invoices for approval and payment.
- Coordinate work of department with other corporate departments as required.
- Prepare and track all department contracts, invoices, and tenant payment requests.
- Schedule meetings.
- Assist with soliciting Design Team and Contractor proposals.
- Assist with preparing and executing contracts and change orders.
- Assist with the regulatory agency(s) permit application process.
- Facilitate communication and coordination among the project Architects, Contractors, Consultants, Tenants and Subcontractors.
- Manage and process Purchase Orders, Change Orders, TSR’s, Submittals and PCO’s.
- Maintain and update project cost.
- Advise Tenant Coordinators as to status and completion dates for lease-required Landlord improvements to the space as pertains to issuance of delivery of premises letter.
- Coordinate with the Tenant Coordinators to ensure the individual Tenant close-out process runs smoothly and is completed on schedule.
- Maintain Project Files including coding project paperwork for filing.
- Prepares and follow-up with expenses reports and team weekly schedule.
- Perform general office duties including but not limited to: typing, filing, copying, mail processing, and printing/copying of blueprints.
- Perform other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
- 3+ years in construction and/or related industry providing support at the Director level or above and to related teams
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent work experience
- Strong understanding of the construction and/or development process through to project completion to include contracting, scheduling, and quality control
- Intermediate to advanced skill level in MSOffice Suite
- Outstanding interpersonal, written, and verbal communications skills with a proactive and highly professional demeanor
- Proven ability to work in a fast-paced environment handling multiple tasks at any given time
- Strong follow-up and follow-through skills with the demonstrated ability to effectively organize, prioritize, manage time, and deliver to deadlines
- Ability to coordinate and prioritize a number of projects and consistently apply good judgment and make good and responsible decisions
- Ability to maintain the highest degree of confidentiality regarding all aspects of work at all times
- High attention to detail with successful problem-solving and creative thinking experience
- Ability to work flexible and overtime hours, as needed
Federal Realty Investment Trust is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.
Federal Realty Investment Trust does not accept unsolicited resumes through or from search firms or staffing agencies. All unsolicited resumes will be considered the property of Federal Realty Investment Trust and Federal Realty Investment Trust will not be obligated to pay a placement fee.
If you are unable to submit your application online, please call 301-998-8100.