Regional General Manager
North Bethesda, MDAPPLY
- JOB ID 2022-1634
- Property Management
Federal Realty is a proven leader in the ownership, operation, and redevelopment of high quality retail real estate in the country's best markets. Interested candidates who research Federal Realty hear a lot about the high quality shopping centers and the well-respected real estate team at our core, it's the smaller intangible things that can make working at Federal so satisfying. You see, while we're one of the largest publicly traded real estate investment trusts in the country, as measured by the value of our shopping centers, we're really a very small company by most standards and we try to operate that way. That means that team members with initiative and ability can get involved in many facets of our business over the years. I encourage you to look us up on LinkedIn and follow Federal Realty.
Federal Realty is looking for a Regional General Manager that will lead two of our large mixed used projects, Bethesda Row and Pike & Rose. The successful candidate will be experienced and influential in the areas of operations, tenant relations, and value creation in order to achieve maximum productivity and profitability from the real estate. This person must have the highest level of personal integrity, intelligence, and work ethic to succeed. Experience managing large mixed-use projects with a significant retail and office component, with a focus on customer experience a plus. Furthermore, experience driving retail and restaurant sales combined with an aptitude for financially based decision making and strategic thinking is critical. This candidate should a) have a thorough understanding of all aspects of high-volume retail real estate operations with the goal of elevating the customer experience throughout the assigned portfolio; b) establish oneself as the primary face to multiple stakeholders including tenants, public officials, governing bodies, community groups, surrounding residents, and any others with an interest in the project; c) lead a team to devise and execute a strategic plan; d) effectively communicate the goals and objectives with internal and external constituencies.
- Lead two high profile mixed used properties, Bethesda Row and Pike & Rose (totaling over 1.1 Million square feet), by providing oversight to ensure a solid operating strategy and execution that maximizes profitability and return on investment while acting as the senior business partner with all stakeholders and constituents of large-scale, mixed-use projects.
- Increase the velocity, volume, and quality (e.g., matching consumers with merchants and driving sales) of consumer traffic. This includes enhancing the consumer experience and promoting repeat traffic.
- Working with General Managers, identify, create, and execute strategic business and long-range capital improvement plans designed to maximize the long-term value of each property.
- Supervise General Managers to maximize property operating income (balanced with long-term value) while adhering to established forecasts.
- Support the General Manager’s oversight of the on-site property team (including operational management, administrative staff, engineering, janitorial, security, parking, and landscaping) to ensure operating budgets are met while maintaining a high-quality environment.
- Perform regular site inspections to assess physical property condition, compliance, and overall administration.
- Partner with the operating teams of on-site office, residential and hotel communities to ensure seamless integration of the project while managing competing priorities between the various stakeholders to maximize long-term real estate value.
- Oversee future phase openings of development assets through ensuring that the proper operational structure is in place and the new buildings are successfully transitioned from a development to an operational property.
- Partner with the marketing team to set goals implement programs that drive traffic and sales, enhance tenant relationships, and build the property’s brand and reputation while managing expenses.
- Establish meaningful relationships with and understand the business of all merchants and restaurants to maximize the sales productivity of the property.
- Establish relationships with the local community (including residents, community groups, politicians, businesses, etc.) to advance each asset’s strategic plan.
- Work with the leasing team to execute strategies that maximize merchandising mix, revenue, and experience at the property.
- Work with the specialty revenue group to identify and implement sources of ancillary revenue.
- Identify and manage troubled tenants to respond to rent relief requests, kick-outs, and generally manage "Watch List" to address risk and balance occupancy with income and long-term value creation.
- Assist the development group in the planning, feasibility analysis, and execution of future phases and maintaining tenant relationships during active developments.
- Understand the competitive market surrounding each asset.
- Work in collaboration with all Federal Realty’s east coast property operations teams as needed in order to identify areas of opportunity and/or advance the strategic business plans for the east coast portfolio.
- 10+ years of experience within the commercial real estate industry with a focus on retail or mixed use properties
- Bachelor’s Degree
- Deep understanding of retail value creation required; experience with office and/or residential property management a plus
- Strong public relations and community outreach skills, comfortable speaking in front of large groups or on camera
- Experience in budgeting to include managing and tracking property operating budgets and ensuring compliance with budget parameters
- Ability to multi-task and handle multiple projects simultaneously
- A self-motivated, responsible, professional, and organized individual who is able to work independently but is also a good team player
- Strong communication and leadership skills
- Proven ability to effectively collaborate and function in a team environment communicating and sharing information while successfully bringing multiple stakeholders together, both internal and external
- Excellent strategic and financial acumen, understanding metrics and business maximization to contribute to the return on investment (ROI)
Federal Realty Investment Trust is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, genetics, or protected Veteran status.
Federal Realty Investment Trust does not accept unsolicited resumes through or from search firms or staffing agencies. All unsolicited resumes will be considered the property of Federal Realty Investment Trust and Federal Realty Investment Trust will not be obligated to pay a placement fee.
If you are unable to submit your application online, please call 301-998-8100.