Senior Development Accountant
North Bethesda, MDAPPLY
- JOB ID 2022-1623
Federal Realty Investment Trust is a proven leader in the ownership, operation, development and redevelopment of premium retail real estate in the country's best markets. We are an innovative and dynamic real estate company that owns and manages a best-in-class portfolio of community shopping centers and mixed use properties. Federal Realty’s well-respected real estate investment and management team delivers a significant combination of small and large scale, value-add investments that make working at Federal rewarding. While Federal Realty is one of the largest publicly traded real estate investment trusts in the country, as measured by the value of our assets, we're functionally a small company by most standards and we operate that way. Team members with initiative and proven ability get involved in many facets of executing Federal’s business plan.
We are currently sourcing for a team-oriented Senior Development Accountant to join our Accounting team in North Bethesda, Maryland. This role will be responsible for the development/construction accounting for several large-scale development projects including Pike & Rose, our mixed-use development in North Bethesda, MD. The role will work closely with various departments including, development, tenant coordination and corporate accounting.
- Maintain accurate job cost/project accounting records for capital jobs including budgets, coordinating revisions to budgets, entering contracts/commitments, change orders, and review of invoices for correct job cost information
- Maintain/update financial pro-formas for various phases of development. Interface with development department to ensure cost assumptions are accurately portrayed in the pro-formas
- Track vendor contracts and change orders for capital jobs and ensure that invoices are being properly applied to open contracts
- Invoice processing and review of general contractor payment applications including retention, lien waiver tracking, etc.
- Process tenant allowance payments in compliance with lease documents, ensuring all necessary documentation is correctly included
- Provide requested information during quarterly reviews and annual audits as well as providing documentation for internal/external periodic SOX audits
- Participate in various projects as assigned
- 4+ years of experience in an accounting role required
- Development/construction, commercial real estate and/or related industry accounting, and job cost experience required
- Four-year degree in accounting/finance required
- Strong interpersonal and excellent communication skills
- Advanced Excel skills required
- Must be able to handle multiple tasks and work under tight deadlines
- Self-motivated and able to work independently with minimal supervision
Federal Realty Investment Trust is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, genetics, sexual orientation, or protected Veteran status.
Federal Realty Investment Trust does not accept unsolicited resumes through or from search firms or staffing agencies. All unsolicited resumes will be considered the property of Federal Realty Investment Trust and Federal Realty Investment Trust will not be obligated to pay a placement fee.
If you are unable to submit your application online, please call 301-998-8100.