- JOB ID 2022-1609
Federal Realty is a proven leader in the ownership, operation, and redevelopment of high quality retail real estate in the country's best markets. We believe we are one of the most innovative and dynamic real estate companies you can work for. Interested candidates who research Federal Realty hear a lot about the high quality shopping centers and well respected real estate team at our core; it's the smaller intangible things that can make working at Federal so satisfying. While we're one of the largest publicly traded real estate investment trusts in the country, as measured by the value of our shopping centers, we're really a small company by most standards and we try to operate that way. Team members with initiative and ability can get involved in the many facets of our business over the years find the professional pursuits at Federal Realty rewarding. I encourage you to look us up on LinkedIn and follow Federal Realty Investment Trust.
Federal Realty is seeking a dynamic individual, with past success as a Development Manager, primarily within the retail real estate market. The Development Manager responsibilities include strategic investment management and project execution relative to redevelopment and development activities associated with the company’s community shopping centers situated in the Philadelphia/New Jersey portfolio. This position is located in the Wynnewood, Pennsylvania office. Day- to-day activities include partnering with the Vice President of Development and other key constituents such as leasing, property management, financial analysts, and asset managers to plan, build, and deliver desired economic results with a high degree of quality design creating that "great place" for consumers and tenants at Federal Realty's community shopping center assets.
- Perform site development feasibility analysis
- Obtain entitlements and permits required to develop the project
- Manage the design process and consultants to achieve project execution
- Work with leasing agents to establish merchandising plans and to establish a lease-up schedule
- Work with marketing to appropriately market the project to tenants and the general public
- Create and manage the development pro-forma and schedule
- Work with development accounting to create and maintain systems that provide accurate cost reporting
- Work with general contractors through the design process to confirm budgets, schedules, and constructability. Negotiate construction contract
- Review anchor tenant leases and prepare Lease exhibits
- Review all tenant lease requirements regarding build-out, TI, and delivery requirements
- Complete evaluation of existing leases to determine if any restrictions, no-build areas, or other encumbrances exist that may impact viability of the project
- 4-6 years of previous experience required with strong experience in retail development
- Bachelor's degree (or higher) in related field
- In-depth knowledge of engineering and architectural plans
- Working knowledge of contract law, zoning law, real estate finance, and construction management
- Strong financial analysis skills; excellent analytic skills
- Advanced Excel and MS Project
- Strong management skills including the ability to motivate and guide a team
- Motivated, self-starter with ability to work with minimal supervision and to function in a team environment effectively communicating and sharing information with people in other departments within the company
- Effective communicator (written & oral) with well-rounded presentation skills
Federal Realty Investment Trust is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, genetics, or protected Veteran status.
Federal Realty Investment Trust does not accept unsolicited resumes through or from search firms or staffing agencies. All unsolicited resumes will be considered the property of Federal Realty Investment Trust and Federal Realty Investment Trust will not be obligated to pay a placement fee.
If you are unable to submit your application online, please call 301-998-8100.