- JOB ID 2022-1608
Federal Realty is a proven leader in the ownership, operation, and redevelopment of high-quality retail real estate in the country's best markets. We believe we are one of the most innovative and dynamic real estate companies you can work for. Interested candidates who research Federal Realty hear a lot about the high-quality shopping centers and mixed-use centers. Our well-respected real estate team is at our core, but it's the smaller intangible things that can make working at Federal so satisfying. You see, while we're one of the largest publicly traded real estate investment trusts in the country, as measured by the value of our shopping centers, we're really a very small company by most standards and we try to operate that way. That means that team members with initiative and ability can get involved in many facets of our business over the years.
Federal Realty Investment Trust is seeking an experienced Construction Manager with retail, office, residential and mixed-use experience. The employee will manage the day-to-day development and construction activities of residential, commercial, retail, office, and mixed-use projects in Philadelphia/New Jersey Portfolio. Residential wood-frame construction experience is required. This position will be in the Wynnewood, Pennsylvania office.
- Manage the day-to-day activities of development/construction projects, including all scheduling, monthly budget updates, quality control, design modifications, permitting, and coordination with leasing and tenant coordination to ensure project deliverables relative to costs and schedule.
- Responsible for managing the expense portion of financial proformas. Monthly requirements.
- Administer all submittals, shop drawings, requests for information, exposure logs, change orders, payment application, lien waivers, insurance certificates, and invoices utilizing Federal Realty’s standard operating and filing procedures.
- Administer and manage all third-party work including testing agencies.
- Oversee the construction administration of the project architects, engineers, contractors, subcontractors & retail tenants. Keep and maintain detailed records of construction administration duties.
- Work and negotiate with general contractors through the GMP process to confirm budgets, schedules, and constructability.
- Administer and manage monthly contracts requisitions, change orders and other contractual management requirements.
- Manage and direct General Contractors and all owner suppliers and contractors.
- Provide detailed and accurate communications to internal associates and external consultants and builders.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Minimum of 10 years of development and/or construction management experience working for development and/or construction company. Architectural or engineering experience also a positive.
- Ability to read detailed architectural and engineering plans
- Experience in wood-frame construction required, concrete a plus
- Experience in site work, including landscaping, hardscaping, architectural place making sculpture, art, and way finding object installation
- Experience with LEED certified projects
- Ability to manage many projects at any given time
- Exceptional written and oral communication skills
- Detail oriented with strong organizational skills
- A Bachelor’s degree required
Federal Realty Investment Trust is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, genetics, sexual orientation, or protected Veteran status.
Federal Realty Investment Trust does not accept unsolicited resumes through or from search firms or staffing agencies. All unsolicited resumes will be considered the property of Federal Realty Investment Trust and Federal Realty Investment Trust will not be obligated to pay a placement fee.
If you are unable to submit your application online, please call 301-998-8100.