Assistant General Manager - Assembly Row
- JOB ID 2021-1606
- Property Management
Federal Realty is a proven leader in the ownership, operation, and redevelopment of high quality retail real estate in the country's best markets. We believe we are one of the most innovative and dynamic real estate companies you can work for. Interested candidates who research Federal Realty hear a lot about the high quality shopping centers and the well-respected real estate team at our core, it's the smaller intangible things that can make working at Federal so satisfying. You see, while we're one of the largest publicly traded real estate investment trusts in the country, as measured by the value of our shopping centers, we're really a very small company by most standards and we try to operate that way. That means that team members with initiative and ability can get involved in many facets of our business over the years. I encourage you to look us up on LinkedIn and follow Federal Realty Investment Trust.
Federal Realty is currently sourcing for an Assistant General Manager (AGM) to provide support and direction for the day to day operation of Assembly Row. Further, the AGM will manage and supervise the in-house and contracted departments to ensure property expectations and goals are met. Additional objectives include identifying and implementing cost saving programs for the center, while maximizing the value and potential of in-place systems. The AGM reports to the General Manager.
- Assist the General Manager on a daily basis with financial and capital management, fostering relationships both internal and external to the Company and support strategic initiatives to drive revenue and reduce expenses
- Responsible for managing day to day operations of Assembly including but not limited to facility maintenance (engineering), landscaping, trash removal, contracted janitorial (portering) services, contracted security services, valet operations, and physical plant/energy management systems - Main point of contact for after-hours calls/questions/emergencies
- Enhance and elevate the consumer experience through daily assessments of the property condition. Ensure issues are addressed immediately, and expectations are met. Areas of specific focus should include: monitoring the entrances of the property, traffic flow, parking, facility maintenance and landscaping
- Enlist, hire and manage contractors and subcontractors from the bid phase through end of contract.
- Work with insurance companies & lenders on property inspections, appraisals and follow up.
- Ensure all service agreements and insurance information is current and compliant with FRIT policies and procedures.
- Lead weekly property walks with respective managers of facilities, landscaping, security, and janitorial.
- Develop and maintain positive retail tenant relations by meeting with tenants on a regular basis. Resolve tenant issues that occur to include lease and non-lease concerns related to facility and property management, and serve as the primary point of contact for all merchant daily operating needs including general maintenance, lease issues, trash concerns and parking management.
- Perform tenant storefront audits on a monthly basis and take corrective action when necessary.
- Read and interpret paper or computer based engineering and architectural drawings and schematic diagrams.
- Work with security management and local and state officials to plan and oversee a safety program to include emergency response, emergency evacuation and disaster relief; conduct annual safety drills.
- Coordinate and facilitate traffic studies, plans and solutions, with the Director of Security and General Manager, to maintain a smooth and safe flow of traffic; including working with City of Somerville.
- Work on special projects and provide operational support on other projects as needed.
- Participate in the financial performance of the property by managing operating expenses, assisting in preparing the annual budget along with the long range capital plans and budget, preparing budget forecast reports, overseeing utility recoveries and monitoring all purchases to ensure cost efficiencies
- Maintain an effective working relationship with key internal and external stakeholders to include the Marketing team, Tenant Coordination team and key civic leaders (police, fire chief, building code officials, etc.).
- Bachelor’s Degree, preferably in Business, Finance or Accounting, or comparable industry related experience
- 5+ years or more years of management, at a Regional Shopping Center, preferably at a Mixed Use Development
- Ability to work with and communicate effectively with merchants, office tenants and employees on all levels
- Supervisory experience of contracted service personnel
- Computer skills include Windows, Microsoft Office, and general web applications. Must be very proficient in Excel and have a good understanding of balance sheets and financial P&L statements
- Candidate must possess a positive, professional approach, strong emphasis on excellent customer satisfaction and a desire to contribute to a successful team
- Direct shopping center industry knowledge is required
Federal Realty Investment Trust is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, genetics, sexual orientation, or protected Veteran status.
Federal Realty Investment Trust does not accept unsolicited resumes through or from search firms or staffing agencies. All unsolicited resumes will be considered the property of Federal Realty Investment Trust and Federal Realty Investment Trust will not be obligated to pay a placement fee.
If you are unable to submit your application online, please call 301-998-8100.