North Bethesda, MDAPPLY
- JOB ID 2021-1601
Federal Realty Investment Trust is a proven leader in the ownership, operation, development and redevelopment of premium retail real estate in the country's best markets. We consider ourselves one of the most innovative and dynamic real estate companies with which one can work. Interested candidates who research Federal Realty will learn about our high quality community shopping center and mixed use property portfolio. Federal Realty’s well-respected real estate investment and management team delivers a significant combination of both modest and large, value-add investments; being part of the team that conceives of an delivers these investments is very rewarding. While Federal Realty is one of the largest publicly traded real estate investment trusts in the country, as measured by the value of our assets, we function and operate more like a small company. Team members with initiative and proven ability get involved in many facets of executing Federal’s business plan. We encourage you to follow Federal Realty Investment Trust on LinkedIn.
We are currently seeking a Lease Negotiator experienced in the production of lease documents and associated correspondence to support multiple attorneys in preparing lease documents for Federal Realty's existing and/or potential tenants. This position will also perform legal leasing research on assigned properties. The ideal candidate will have the ability to work productively in time sensitive situations, manage to deadlines, work in a team environment and prioritize assigned work. This individual must have the ability to work in a fast-paced environment while demonstrating attention to detail.
- Draft lease documents, including secondary documents from letter of intent and/or lease brief using internal document production software; Review requests for assignment, sublet, and subordination for compliance with the lease terms
- Prepare redlines and revisions of subsequent drafts of lease documents
- Adapt existing forms to specific deals and revise form language based upon comments from tenant and/or attorney
- Collaborate with attorneys, other FRIT departments, and current/potential tenants to keep deals moving efficiently and smoothly, including timely processing of Tenant-executed documents and completion of legal abstracts
- Investigate and gather information from internal and external sources
- Draft internal and external correspondence
- Assist with written responses to Tenant Legal Notices, Defaults, and other operational matters
- Provide administrative, drafting, and research support to Legal Counsel
- Complete other various projects and duties as assigned
- 5+ years previous paralegal or lease negotiation experience, previous experience in a legal department of a real estate company a strong plus
- College degree or paralegal certificate
- Highly proficient using MSOffice (Outlook, Word, Excel) with the ability to learn and use new software and systems
- Knowledge of legal terminology and experience with drafting and negotiating lease documents
Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Strong time management skills and attention to detail, with a high degree of accuracy and success in delivering to key deadlines
- Demonstrated success working in a team environment
Federal Realty Investment Trust is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, genetics, sexual orientation, or protected Veteran status.
Federal Realty Investment Trust does not accept unsolicited resumes through or from search firms or staffing agencies. All unsolicited resumes will be considered the property of Federal Realty Investment Trust and Federal Realty Investment Trust will not be obligated to pay a placement fee.
If you are unable to submit your application online, please call 301-998-8100.