Content Strategy, Manager (Hybrid)
North Bethesda, MDAPPLY
- JOB ID 2021-1598
We have an opening for a contract position for a Digital Media Strategist with a passion for content creation. Agency experience is considered a plus, as the role requires management and oversight of several unique brands, across a dynamic portfolio of DC Metro assets. The Digital Media Strategist reports to the Director of Marketing and will support business development initiatives, strengthen brand awareness, increase traffic, drive customer engagement and support events and activations, all through the lens of a digital marketing strategy and deployment.
The Digital Media Strategist will engage in many aspects of a dynamic commercial real estate firm, including retail, office and residential, all while maintaining brand voice and strategic content. As a digital strategist, you will strengthen a suite of social accounts, including property specific Twitter/Facebook/Instagram, grow property-specific customer databases through dynamic email campaigns, and best position the portfolio’s in-house publication sonder/sway, in partnership with external content producers.
The Digital Media Strategist will work on award-winning properties, including Pike & Rose, Congressional Plaza and Bethesda Row in Montgomery County, MD and The Village at Shirlington in Arlington County, VA, among others and interface with both tenants and customers. The Digital Media Strategist will partner with and amplify content from popular locally owned shops and restaurants, including Indigo Octopus, ChiKo, Sunday Morning Bakehouse, The Village Marche and more. They will also work with renowned national brands, including REI, Anthropologie & Co., ULTA, Jeni’s Ice Cream, gorijana, ULTA and more.
Federal Realty Investment Trust is a proven leader in the ownership, operation, development and redevelopment of premium retail real estate in the country's best markets. We consider ourselves one of the most innovative and dynamic real estate companies one can work with. Interested candidates who research Federal learn about our high-quality community shopping center and mixed-use property portfolio. Federal’s well-respected real estate investment and management team delivers a significant combination of modest and large, value-add investments that can make working at Federal rewarding. While Federal is one of the largest publicly traded real estate investment trusts in the country, as measured by the value of our assets, we're functionally a small company by most standards and we operate that way. Team members with initiative and proven ability get involved in many facets of executing Federal’s business plan. We encourage you to look us up on LinkedIn and follow Federal Realty Investment Trust.
- Manage digital and content aspects of the strategic in-house marketing agency road map
- Own and maintain unique property and publication brand voice and application via agency content calendar
- Lead growth of digital presence and performance and develop agency KPIs
- Strengthen B2C communication with customers through active engagement and community building
- Strengthen B2B communication with merchants, to encourage engagement with our accounts, and amplify brand content
- Collaborate with internal stakeholders to identify business development goals and opportunities and generate innovative ideas to engage key audiences
- Manage communication with internal graphic designers and agency partners to maintain workflow, timelines and standards
- Perform administrative duties as needed including but not limited to invoice research, and check request submission, tracking digital marketing expenses and variances of the marketing budget
- Provide onsite coverage for events and activations
- Bachelor's degree in relevant field
- Agency experience a plus, with simultaneous work on multiple accounts
- 3+ years specifically dedicated to social media/brand/content
- Content producer. An exceptional copywriter. A detailed copyeditor.
- On-trend with the latest digital media trends, content, and application
- Subject matter expert and collaborator with team and solo project experience
- A sixth sense for impactful customer communication and community building
- Proficient in Microsoft Office, MailChimp and WordPress, InDesign, Meltwater, Social Media Platforms and Scheduling Tools (i.e.., Sprout)
- Flexibility and ability to work nights and weekends is required when marketing events and/or meetings require special preparation or attendance
Federal Realty Investment Trust is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.
Federal Realty Investment Trust does not accept unsolicited resumes through or from search firms or staffing agencies. All unsolicited resumes will be considered the property of Federal Realty Investment Trust and Federal Realty Investment Trust will not be obligated to pay a placement fee.
If you are unable to submit your application online, please call 301-998-8100.