Senior Area Manager of Operations
San Jose, CAAPPLY
- JOB ID 2021-1595
- Property Management
Federal Realty Investment Trust is a publicly traded company that is a proven leader in the ownership, operation, and redevelopment of high quality retail real estate in the country’s best markets. We believe we are one of the most innovative and dynamic real estate companies you can work for. Candidates who research Federal Realty hear a lot about the high quality shopping centers, urban lifestyle centers and residential products. We have a well respected real estate team at our core but it's the smaller intangible things that can make working at Federal so satisfying. You see, while we're one of the largest publicly traded real estate investment trusts in the country, as measured by the value of our shopping centers, we're really a very small company by most standards and we try to operate that way. Our stability and success is due to our great team of employees! Would you like to join our team? If so, learn more about our current opportunity below.
Federal Realty Investment Trust is actively searching for a Senior Area Manager of Operations for a mixed use development comprised of 27 buildings & parking structures situated on 56 acres in San Jose, Ca. The position reports to the General Manager and provides support, management and oversight for the day to day operation of the property. Further, they will manage and supervise the in-house and contracted departments to ensure property expectations are met. Additional objectives include identifying and implementing operating efficiency programs for the center, while maximizing the value and potential of in-place systems. Position will require involvement with residential, office and retail operating management teams.
General Operational Responsibilities:
- Responsible for managing day to day operations of Santana Row, including maintenance, landscaping, central plant operation, sustainability program, Fire/Life Safety program, trash removal process, supervision of contracted janitorial & security services as well as central plant & energy management systems.
- Enhance and elevate the consumer experience through daily assessments of the property condition. Ensure issues are addressed immediately and expectations are met. Areas of specific focus should include:
- Ensure the entrances and pedestrian walkways on the property, including the buildings, street condition and monument signage leave a positive first impression.
- Oversee the housekeeping and overall facility maintenance disciplines.
- Manage the Landscaping program and contract, including supervision of 3rd party contractor.
- Work with corporate risk management and insurance partners on property inspections, risk assessments, appraisals and follow up. Maintain a safe environment by identifying and eliminating safety hazards to Center staff, tenants, customers, vendors and contractors. This may include administration of and training for programs such as OSHA, ADA, EPA and other regulated agencies.
- Management of contractors and subcontractors from the bid phase through end of contract. Bid all contracts & projects according to company policy.
- Work cooperatively with Tenant Coordination to expedite completion of landlord work and delivery of spaces to tenants. Expedite work to get tenants open for business as early as possible.
- Lead daily property walks with respective managers of facilities, landscaping, security, janitorial and Assistant General Manager and/or General Manager.
- Read and interpret paper or computer based engineering and architectural drawings and schematic diagrams.
- Work with security, management and local and state governmental officials, including SJPD & SJFD to plan and oversee a safety program to include emergency response, emergency evacuation and disaster relief; conduct annual safety drills.
- Work on special projects and provide operational support on other projects as needed.
- Assess needs of the asset and prepare the 5 year capital expense & operating budgets for the property. Assist the General Manager with financial and capital expense management, fostering relationships both internal and external to the Company and support strategic initiatives to drive revenue and achieve operational expense efficiencies where possible within budget.
- Prepare quarterly variance and quarterly budget forecast reports.
- Monitor all purchases and expenses to ensure cost efficiencies and adherence to the budget.
- Assist the Accounting Department with any questions or problems that arise regarding billings, invoices, charges, coding and dispute resolution.
- Resolve tenant lease and non-lease concerns related to facility and property management.
- Maintain good relationships with tenants through frequent interaction, effective follow-through, and by participating at tenant meetings to promote facility operations initiatives.
- Manage and track operational purchases and asset inventory.
- Ensure all service agreements and insurance information is current and compliant with FRIT policies and procedures.
- Be the first point of contact for after-hours calls/questions/emergencies.
- Attend and be available for important major events at the center to ensure smooth operation.
Internal & External Relationships:
- Maintain an effective working relationship with key individuals in all departments within the corporate office.
- Develop and maintain positive constituent (retail, office, hotel, residential) relations through meetings on a regular basis. Resolve tenant issues and serve as the primary point of contact for all daily operating needs including general maintenance, lease issues and trash concerns.
- Work with the Marketing department on the coordination of property events in relation to common area activation.
- Establish strong relationships and frequently interact with appropriate key civic leaders, (Police and Fire Departments, City & County code enforcement officials, etc.) to ensure appropriate compliance for the property.
- Bachelor’s degree preferred in Business or Engineering
- 10+ years of property operations experience at a Regional Shopping Center or Mixed-Use Development
- Real estate management training & credentials with licenses a plus
- Ability to work with and communicate effectively with tenants and contracted service personnel
- Multi-level supervisory experience of diverse staff
- Computer skills that include Microsoft Outlook, Excel and Word
- Must possess a positive, professional approach with a strong emphasis on excellent customer satisfaction and a desire to contribute to a successful team
Federal Realty Investment Trust is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.
Federal Realty Investment Trust does not accept unsolicited resumes through or from search firms or staffing agencies. All unsolicited resumes will be considered the property of Federal Realty Investment Trust and Federal Realty Investment Trust will not be obligated to pay a placement fee.
If you are unable to submit your application online, please call 301-998-8100.