- JOB ID 2021-1592
Federal Realty Investment Trust is a proven leader in the ownership, operation, and redevelopment of high quality retail real estate in the country's best markets. We believe we are one of the most innovative and dynamic real estate companies you can work for. Interested candidates who research Federal hear a lot about our high quality shopping centers and mixed use centers. Our well respected real estate team is at our core, but it's the smaller intangible things that can make working at Federal so satisfying. You see, while we're one of the largest publicly traded real estate investment trusts in the country, as measured by the value of our shopping centers, we're really a very small company by most standards and we try to operate that way. Our stability and success is due to our great team of employees! Would you like to join our team? If so, learn more about our current opportunity below.
We are currently seeking a Project Coordinator who will be responsible for the coordination process for assigned development and construction projects within Federal Realty’s portfolio. This position supports Federal’s Development Team and Tenant Coordination Team to facilitate project deadlines, requests for information, and governmental approvals as well as project administration. This multi-faceted role demands the ability to prioritize numerous tasks and deadlines in a fast-paced environment while working with several project managers simultaneously. The ideal candidate is a flexible and team-oriented person who is willing to take ownership of multiple tasks and responsibilities.
- Project administration for the Development and Tenant Coordination Teams, including maintaining scheduling information, coordinating drawings and tracking necessary information related to projects
- Contract management to include the preparing and tracking of contracts and change orders
- Initial Accounts Payable point of contact; Prepare check requests, set up new vendors and process payments. Must be familiar with AIA documents/billing
- Review AIA payment applications and PCO’s from General Contractors for completeness and accuracy
- Review, track, log, and file all contract documents including lien waivers, COI, and closeout documents
- Communicate professionally and as directed with public officials, business partners, C-level executives, consultants and vendors
- Oversight of condominium warranty program and documentation
- Assist in day-to-day questions from Architects, Engineers and Contractors pertaining to building specifics, plan preparation, permitting and schedule
- Attend and participate in status and team meetings as required
- Assist in the preparation and distribution of punch-lists to tenants and contractors
- Assist with project closeout documentation including processing Tenant Improvement Allowance requests
- Assist with utility company service applications, billings and transition to operating team
- Provide exceptional administrative support to development and construction team
- Special assigned projects
- Bachelor’s Degree preferred
- 2+ years in the architecture, construction and/or related industry in a Project Coordinator or similar role
- Excellent communication skills (both written and verbal)
- Ability to work in a fast-paced team environment
- Strong planning and organizational skills with demonstrated attention to detail and success in juggling a multitude of responsibilities
- A solid understanding of the construction and/or development process to complete a project
- Proven ability to take initiative, make solid independent decisions, and follow through with limited guidance and direction
- Demonstrated ability to take on a problem and independently search for a solution
- Active learner with a positive attitude who can consistently and creatively enable the team to provide first rate client service, a team player
- Highly organized, ability to multi-task and prioritize
- Handling confidential information with discretion
- Advanced use of MS Office Suite and Outlook; working knowledge of DocuSign a plus
Federal Realty Investment Trust is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, genetics, sexual orientation, or protected Veteran status.
Federal Realty Investment Trust does not accept unsolicited resumes through or from search firms or staffing agencies. All unsolicited resumes will be considered the property of Federal Realty Investment Trust and Federal Realty Investment Trust will not be obligated to pay a placement fee.
If you are unable to submit your application online, please call 301-998-8100.