- JOB ID 2021-1590
Federal Realty Investment Trust is a proven leader in the ownership, operation, development and redevelopment of premium retail real estate in the country's best markets. We consider ourselves one of the most innovative and dynamic real estate companies with which one can work. Interested candidates who research Federal Realty will learn about our high-quality community shopping center and mixed-use property portfolio. While Federal Realty is one of the largest publicly traded real estate investment trusts in the country, as measured by the value of our assets, we function and operate more like a small company. Team members with initiative and proven ability get involved in many facets of executing Federal’s business plan. We encourage you to follow Federal Realty Investment Trust on LinkedIn.
Federal Realty Investment Trust is currently sourcing for an Administrative Assistant. The ideal candidate will be a self-sufficient, self-starter who is detail oriented and extremely organized, can prioritize, has a passion for customer service, and thrives in a fast-paced dynamic environment. The candidate must enjoy working in a team environment while performing administrative and project-oriented tasks that ensure the smooth operation of our properties and our developments while supporting a dynamic and fun team of professionals.
- Provide support to the Property Management and Development personnel in all administrative tasks
- Work with the Property Managers in the preparation of contracts, including detailing scope of work, vendor maintenance forms, and requests for quotes
- Work with Development team to coordinate projects (development contracts, check requests, coding of all development invoices, change orders, set up of new vendors)
- Track development contracts, invoices, change orders, and vendor payment requests
- Track and assist with requested property and tenant related repairs
- Generate and distribute tenant notifications, letters, and miscellaneous required communication
- Prepare tenant reimbursement letters and invoices
- Maintain/update tenant required maintenance spreadsheets – HVAC, pest control, plumbing, elevator, etc.
- Regularly update and maintain tenant information and after hours contact information
- Assist Property and Development teams with calendars, emails, meeting schedules and logistics
- Manage contractor’s COI’s/W-9
- Establish and maintain the departments filing system
- Complete other various projects and duties as assigned
- 2-3 years’ experience as an Administrative Assistant or Operations Coordinator
- College or continuing education courses in related fields
- Past experience in real estate is a plus
- Proven ability to organize and handle multiple tasks simultaneously with the ability to manage time efficiently
- High intermediate skills in Microsoft Office programs including Outlook, Word, and Excel
- Good verbal and written communications skills
- Must be detail oriented
- Demonstrated ability to be self-sufficient and work independently
- Must be flexible and able to adapt quickly with different projects in a fast pace environment
Federal Realty Investment Trust is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, genetics, or protected Veteran status.
Federal Realty Investment Trust does not accept unsolicited resumes through or from search firms or staffing agencies. All unsolicited resumes will be considered the property of Federal Realty Investment Trust and Federal Realty Investment Trust will not be obligated to pay a placement fee.
If you are unable to submit your application online, please call 301-998-8100.