North Bethesda, MDAPPLY
- JOB ID 2021-1587
Federal Realty Investment Trust is a proven leader in the ownership, operation, development and redevelopment of premium retail real estate in the country's best markets. We are an innovative and dynamic real estate company that owns and manages a best-in-class portfolio of community shopping centers and mixed use properties. Federal Realty’s well-respected real estate investment and management team delivers a significant combination of small and large scale, value-add investments that make working at Federal rewarding. While Federal Realty is one of the largest publicly traded real estate investment trusts in the country, as measured by the value of our assets, we're functionally a small company by most standards and we operate that way. Team members with initiative and proven ability get involved in many facets of executing Federal’s business plan.
The Accounting Manager functions as a key part of a team responsible for the accounting for properties owned by Federal Realty. Reporting to the Director of Accounting, the Accounting Manager oversees a team that is primarily responsible for property accounting for a portfolio of properties.
- Supervise a team of two Senior Accountants responsible for property accounting for a specified portfolio and providing accounting support to the related property operations and asset management teams.
- Oversee the month-end close for a portfolio of properties, including the review and posting of general ledger journal entries, review of month end accruals/reclasses for accuracy, validity and proper classification, and review of various schedules and analyses.
- Manage various close processes including, but not limited to, monthly expense accruals/reclasses submitted by regional divisions, and monthly income accruals including real estate tax recovery, Common Area Maintenance (CAM) recovery, tenant recovery, and parking, etc.
- Prepare variance analyses on property financial statements and review with property operations group, including the review and posting of adjusting entries as necessary to accurately state financials.
- Oversee various quarterly general ledger account reconciliations to ensure accurate and timely completion.
- Manage sales and use tax filings, and other state and local tax filings as needed. Ensure compliance in various states, including coordination of sales tax audits.
- Oversee the timely and accurate completion of quarterly partner distributions.
- Perform and coordinate various analyses and schedules that help ensure the accuracy of monthly and quarterly financial data.
- Function as liaison with auditors for completion of the financial statement and internal control audits and Sarbanes Oxley compliance.
- Manage various projects and perform other duties, as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or Finance required
- CPA required
- 6+ years of commercial property accounting experience, knowledge of retail properties a plus
- 2-3 years of management experience
- Strong attention to detail and well organized
- Advanced MS Excel skills
- Proven analytical and problem-solving skills
- Demonstrated ability to manage multiple projects and competing priorities without compromising accuracy or quality
- Excellent organizational and communication skills, both verbal and written
- Self-motivated, detailed-oriented team player with demonstrated ability to thrive in a fast-paced, deadline driven environment
- Strong relationship-building ability, proactive, results-oriented, and resourceful
- Proven ability to deliver excellent customer service at all levels of the organization
Federal Realty Investment Trust is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, genetics, sexual orientation, or protected Veteran status.
Federal Realty Investment Trust does not accept unsolicited resumes through or from search firms or staffing agencies. All unsolicited resumes will be considered the property of Federal Realty Investment Trust and Federal Realty Investment Trust will not be obligated to pay a placement fee.
If you are unable to submit your application online, please call 301-998-8100.