La Mesa, CAAPPLY
- JOB ID 2021-1586
Federal Realty Investment Trust is a proven leader in the ownership, operation, development, and redevelopment of premium retail real estate in the country's best markets. We consider ourselves one of the most innovative and dynamic real estate companies in the area. We encourage you to research Federal Realty to learn about our high-quality community shopping centers and mixed-use properties. While Federal Realty is one of the largest publicly traded real estate investment trusts in the country (as measured by the value of our assets), we function and operate as a small company. Team members with initiative and proven ability can be involved in many facets of executing Federal Realty’s business plan. We encourage you to look us up on LinkedIn and follow Federal Realty Investment Trust.
Federal Realty Investment Trust is sourcing for an experienced Chief Engineer. The Chief Engineer is responsible for the day-to-day maintenance of the assigned property or properties.
- Provide superior customer service to teammates, tenants, vendors, customers, and guests.
- Ensure that both Grossmont Center and Escondido Promenade are maintained in first-class condition.
- Diagnose, repair, and maintain assigned property systems to include and not limited to the following for both Grossmont Center & Escondido Promenade: HVAC systems, fountains, electrical systems, plumbing systems, appliances, flooring, painted surfaces, structures, roofing, concrete sidewalks and curbs, asphalt parking fields, various types of furnishings, fixtures, equipment, and tools, operation of boom and scissor lifts and operation of motor vehicles as needed, etc.
- Work with vendors as directed by property manager to ensure the safety of Grossmont Center & Escondido Promenade and its tenants, vendors, and guests. Vendor services include but are not limited to the following: security, janitorial, parking lot sweeping, landscape, roofing, refuse (bulk removal), compactors / open top containers, parking lot repairs, fire alarm monitoring, glass repair/replacement, storm water inspections, fire sprinkler, snow removal, pest control, fence installation or repair, signage, chiller and cooling tower, locksmith, plumbing, elevator, towing, disaster floods and environmental clean-up, signage, tenant improvement, etc.
- Supervise management of Grossmont Center food court operations (i.e. hood cleaning, grease trap service, pest control, etc.)
- Supervise the engineering and maintenance team including hiring, training, scheduling, and performance evaluation. Ensure compliance with all applicable safety standards, company policies and regulatory guidelines (i.e. OSHA standards) to promote a safe working environment
- Perform daily property inspections. Notify property manager of problems. Conduct repairs as needed and prepare and assign work orders to engineering and maintenance staff.
- Chief Engineer will, at times, be required to assist the following departments to promote the company’s leasing, legal and marketing efforts.
- Support the Marketing Group in their delivery of events both within and outside assigned properties
- Support the Leasing Department as needed, to show space, make sure vacant spaces are kept clean and presentable and are “turn over ready.”
- Supports accounting team by seeking the best price for services and material
- Assists the Property Manager with daily routine maintenance of assigned properties
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- High School diploma or equivalent
- 3-5 years hands on work experience in building engineer and maintenance environment
- Certificates in various trade skills preferred
- Highly organized
- Good communication skills, both verbal and written
- Flexible with work schedule
- Weekend and overtime hours are sometimes required
Federal Realty Investment Trust is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.
Federal Realty Investment Trust does not accept unsolicited resumes through or from search firms or staffing agencies. All unsolicited resumes will be considered the property of Federal Realty Investment Trust and Federal Realty Investment Trust will not be obligated to pay a placement fee.
If you are unable to submit your application online, please call 301-998-8100.