Regional Property Manager
North Bethesda, MDAPPLY
- JOB ID 2021-1585
- Property Management
Federal Realty Investment Trust is a proven leader in the ownership, operation, development and redevelopment of premium retail real estate in the country's best markets. We consider ourselves one of the most innovative and dynamic real estate companies in the area. We encourage you to research Federal Realty to learn about our high-quality community shopping centers and mixed-use properties. While Federal Realty is one of the largest publicly traded real estate investment trusts in the country (as measured by the value of our assets), we function and operate as a small company. Team members with initiative and proven ability can be involved in many facets of executing Federal Realty’s business plan. We encourage you to look us up on LinkedIn and follow Federal Realty Investment Trust.
The Regional Property Manager reports to the Vice President, Asset Management. The position provides direction for the day to day operation of a portfolio of complex properties, including Congressional Plaza and Wildwood Shopping Center, and will manage and supervise the in-house and contracted teams to ensure property expectations are met.
- Assist the Vice President, Asset Management on a daily basis with financial and capital management, fostering relationships both internal and external to the Company and support strategic initiatives to drive revenue and reduce expenses.
- Collaborate with and be a resource to Property Managers.
- Lead and manage property personnel including Assistant Property Managers and Contract Engineers, as assigned.
- Manage day to day operations of all shopping centers in the assigned regional portfolio, including but not limited to facility maintenance, landscaping, trash removal, contracted janitorial services, contracted security services, physical plant and energy management systems.
- Enhance and elevate the consumer experience through regular assessments of the property condition. Ensure issues are addressed immediately, and expectations are met.
- Manage project contractors and subcontractors from the bid phase through end of contract.
- Develop and maintain positive retail tenant relations by meeting with tenants on a regular basis.
- Resolve tenant issues that occur and serve as the primary point of contact for all merchant daily operating needs including but not limited to general maintenance, lease issues, trash concerns and parking management.
- Read and interpret engineering and architectural drawings and schematic diagrams, as needed.
- Prepare the annual operating budget, monthly variance reports, and quarterly budget reforecast reports for the properties, and manage operating expenses, within or below budgeted levels.
- Bid all contracts and capital purchases, and enlist, hire and manage all contractors performing capital projects.
- Manage invoice processing, coding, and payment ensuring all invoices are paid on a timely basis.
- Collaborate and establish strong working relationships with key stakeholders including:
- Marketing - coordination of property events.
- Tenant Coordination - expedite completion of landlord work and delivery of spaces to tenants.
- Leasing - tenant relationships/requirements and key business issues.
- Civic and community leaders - ensure positive benefits for the property.
- Be a point of contact for after-hours calls/questions/emergencies.
- 5+ years of direct retail property management experience at large retail-oriented mixed-use properties
- Bachelor’s degree in relevant field or equivalent years’ experience
- Previous experience managing a portfolio of properties is required
- Experience overseeing capital improvement projects and expenditures
- Strong knowledge of leases and financial statements and solid experience budgeting, monitoring expenses, and processing account payables
- Strong leadership and team-building skills with a proven track record of successfully managing in-house employees and effectively influencing external stakeholders, contractors, and vendors
- Ability to effectively prioritize tasks and move seamlessly between projects as the situation requires in a fast paced, deadline-driven environment
- Demonstrated ability to analyze, evaluate and act on issues and/or problems, reach sound conclusions through critical thinking, and take appropriate action
- Excellent communication skills, written, verbal, and interpersonal, with the proven ability to convey ideas to a diverse group of stakeholders including tenants and contracted service personnel
- Demonstrated excellent customer service and satisfaction and a desire to contribute to a successful team
- Strong computer skills required with demonstrated proficiency in Microsoft Outlook, Excel, and Word
- Ability to work beyond a 9-5 environment
Federal Realty Investment Trust is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.
Federal Realty Investment Trust does not accept unsolicited resumes through or from search firms or staffing agencies. All unsolicited resumes will be considered the property of Federal Realty Investment Trust and Federal Realty Investment Trust will not be obligated to pay a placement fee.
If you are unable to submit your application online, please call 301-998-8100.