San Jose, CAAPPLY
- JOB ID 2021-1574
Federal Realty Investment Trust is a publicly traded company that is a proven leader in the ownership, operation, and redevelopment of high quality retail real estate in the country’s best markets. We believe we are one of the most innovative and dynamic real estate companies you can work for. Candidates who research Federal Realty hear a lot about the high quality shopping centers, urban lifestyle centers and residential products. We have a well respected real estate team at our core but it's the smaller intangible things that can make working at Federal so satisfying.
Federal Realty Investment Trust is seeking an experienced Maintenance Technician to provide support and assistance to the Facility Manager with all facilities related activities at Santana Row in San Jose, CA. The successful candidate will have a strong maintenance background and the ability to enhance the operational effectiveness of the maintenance team.
-Follow proper procedures to complete routine maintenance or necessary repairs on the property which include but are not limited to:
- Set up/tear down of marketing events
- Understand and complete work orders in an accurate and timely fashion
- Understand basic plumbing systems and perform preventative maintenance
- Sheetrock installation or drywall repairs
- Basic light bulb replacement and minor electrical work
- General painting, staining and carpentry of walls, decks and furniture
- Patch repair of asphalt, concrete, paver or tile surfaces
- Remove trash and clean-up of loading docks/compactor areas
- Provide ground traffic/pedestrian control when assisting others on ladders or lifts
- Relocate or remove furnishings and fixtures
- Assist with the installation of holiday lights and decorations
-Communicate regularly with the Facility Manager and maintenance team and promptly report any existing or potential problems
-Demonstrate exemplary tenant relations and project a positive and professional demeanor at all times
Support marketing, janitorial, security, landscaping, residential and other departments, as needed
-Perform the job in accordance with all applicable standards, policies and regulatory guidelines (i.e. OSHA standards) to promote a safe working environment
-Work with the onsite Security Officers to ensure the safety of the property, its tenants/residents, visitors, and guests
-Promote and contribute toward the overall effort in maintaining a high standard in the operation and appearance of the property
-Perform other maintenance duties as assigned
- Minimum 3 years of experience in a prior maintenance position
- High School diploma or equivalent
- Valid California driver’s license with a clean driving record
- Skilled at using basic hand and power tools
- Mechanically inclined to make sound decisions in regards to repairs
- Highly effective communication skills
- Ability to work a flexible day/evening shift and overtime hours, as needed
- Ability to operate a forklift, scissor lift and boom lift, preferred; requires Certification for Santana Row
- Certifications in plumbing, electrical and HVAC, a plus
- Bilingual (English/Spanish) a plus
- Able to lift at least 50 pounds and work on ladders up to sixteen (16) feet
Federal Realty Investment Trust is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.
Federal Realty Investment Trust does not accept unsolicited resumes through or from search firms or staffing agencies. All unsolicited resumes will be considered the property of Federal Realty Investment Trust and Federal Realty Investment Trust will not be obligated to pay a placement fee.
If you are unable to submit your application online, please call 301-998-8100.