Project Manager, Construction and Tenant Services
North Bethesda, MDAPPLY
- JOB ID 2021-1573
Federal Realty is a proven leader in the ownership, operation, and redevelopment of high quality retail real estate in the country's best markets. We believe we are one of the most innovative and dynamic real estate companies you can work for. Interested candidates who research Federal Realty hear a lot about the high quality shopping centers and the well-respected real estate team at our core, it's the smaller intangible things that can make working at Federal so satisfying. You see, while we're one of the largest publicly traded real estate investment trusts in the country, as measured by the value of our shopping centers, we're really a very small company by most standards and we try to operate that way. That means that team members with initiative and ability can get involved in many facets of our business over the years. I encourage you to look us up on LinkedIn and follow Federal Realty Investment Trust.
Federal Realty Investment Trust is currently sourcing for a Project Manager, Construction and Tenant Services to work out of our North Bethesda office. The Project Manager is responsible for the management and coordination of projects within their assigned portfolio of properties. Project responsibilities are of a varying and complex nature including, but not limited to, coordinating landlord and tenant work related tasks, status reporting, budgeting, estimating, scheduling and coordinating any tasks required to deliver possession to a new tenant. The Project Manager is the liaison between Federal Realty, the tenant, and the tenant’s architects, consultants, and contractors throughout the planning and construction process of the assigned project.
- Drives the landlord and tenant design, permitting and construction process to ensure achievement of "best possible" rent commencement dates for all projects as assigned.
- Proactively performs all tasks related to gathering information required by leasing to market tenant spaces.
- Manages and coordinates construction projects from conceptual estimating through project close out on new and existing retail project buildings throughout a specified region.
- Ensures coordination of all assigned projects with appropriate Federal Realty departments, consultants, tenants, and 3rd party managers.
- Creates and coordinates conceptual estimates under the direction from the Senior Project Manager for lease budgetary purposes.
- Drafts and reviews construction exhibits upon request by Leasing or Legal.
- Reviews and approves Landlord and Tenant construction drawings to ensure compliance with lease, budget, schedule, and design requirements.
- Responsible for the regular reporting of status for all work in process.
- Responsible for contracting, oversight and timely delivery of all new lease required Landlord’s work.
- Coordinates directly with Legal, Leasing, Asset Management, and Development to ensure that lease language and terms of delivery are reasonable and achievable.
- Troubleshoots design and construction issues as they arise.
- Provides scheduling and planning information to appropriate internal departments, as required.
- 7-10 years of tenant coordination and/or project/construction management experience
- Experience with design and construction of retail properties
- Experience with design and construction coordination and project management
- Bachelor's degree in Architecture, Civil Engineering, Construction Management or a related management degree preferred
- PMP and LEED AP preferred
- Strong written and verbal communication skills required
- Strong organizational and analytical skills to include multi-tasking and the ability to successfully manage a large volume of projects
- Demonstrated customer service orientation and proven ability to work, manage, and gain consensus with multiple stakeholders
- Ability to effectively present information
- Demonstrated ability to comprehend, analyze, and interpret complex documents and solve problems involving several options in situations, requires advanced analytical and quantitative skills
- Experience in reading and understanding architectural drawings
- Proven ability to perform financial analysis/reporting of construction cost
- Strong negotiation skills
- Strong computer skills (MS Office) required
- Graphics skills are a plus
Federal Realty Investment Trust is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, genetics, sexual orientation, or protected Veteran status.
Federal Realty Investment Trust does not accept unsolicited resumes through or from search firms or staffing agencies. All unsolicited resumes will be considered the property of Federal Realty Investment Trust and Federal Realty Investment Trust will not be obligated to pay a placement fee.
If you are unable to submit your application online, please call 301-998-8100.