North Bethesda, MDAPPLY
- JOB ID 2021-1572
Federal is a proven leader in the ownership, operation, development and redevelopment of premium retail real estate in the country's best markets. We consider ourselves one of the most innovative and dynamic real estate companies one can work with. Interested candidates who research Federal Realty learn about our high-quality community shopping center and mixed use property portfolio. Federal’s well-respected real estate investment and management team delivers a significant combination of modest and large, value-add investments that can make working at Federal rewarding. While Federal is one of the largest publicly traded real estate investment trusts in the country, as measured by the value of our assets, we're functionally a small company by most standards and we operate that way. Team members with initiative and proven ability get involved in many facets of executing Federal’s business plan. We encourage you to look us up and follow us on LinkedIn.
Federal is currently sourcing for a Senior Accountant. The Senior Accountant functions as a key part of a team responsible for the accounting for properties owned by Federal Realty. The Accounting team is responsible for ensuring the timeliness and accuracy of information entered into the general ledger. In addition, the Senior Accountant will assist with corporate accounting matters including, but not limited to, the month-end close process, general ledger account reconciliations, variance analysis and financial statement and internal control audits.
- Assist in month-end close process, to include preparation of general ledger journal entries, month end accruals and various schedules and analyses to ensure accuracy of general ledger information for a portfolio of properties.
- Play key role in monthly tax recovery accrual process including, review and update of tax recovery rates, preparation of tax recovery accrual schedules, timely recording of monthly tax recovery accruals and reversals, review and testing of year-end tax reconciliation billings to tenants, and assistance with completion of related analysis.
- Preparation of monthly income accruals for properties, including Common Area Maintenance (CAM) recovery, tenant recovery, parking, etc.
- Review monthly expense accruals/reclasses submitted by regional division and oversee re-accrual process. Includes review for completeness of supporting documentation, validity of accruals/reclasses, and proper classification of expense vs. capital items.
- Perform fluctuation analysis on monthly utility expense balances and liaising with property operations to ensure adequate explanations of variances, and timely recording of adjustments.
- Perform variance analysis on property financial statements and review regularly with property operations group for assigned portfolio. Prepare adjusting entries as necessary to accurately state financials. Provide accounting support to the related property operations and asset management teams.
- Prepare sales and use tax filings, and other state and local tax filings as needed. Assist with maintaining compliance in various states, including coordination of sales tax audits.
- Perform monthly general ledger account reconciliations.
- Prepare and maintain various analyses and schedules that help ensure the accuracy of monthly and quarterly financial data.
- Prepare and record monthly solar billing entries and related accruals, as applicable.
- Assist with completion of the financial statement and internal control audits and Sarbanes Oxley compliance.
- Participate in various projects as assigned.
- BA/BS in Accounting required
- 3 to 5 years accounting experience
- Self-starter with ability to prioritize and multitask
- Strong attention to detail and well organized
- Excellent interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills
- Advanced Microsoft Excel skills
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
Federal Realty Investment Trust is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.
Federal Realty Investment Trust does not accept unsolicited resumes through or from search firms or staffing agencies. All unsolicited resumes will be considered the property of Federal Realty Investment Trust and Federal Realty Investment Trust will not be obligated to pay a placement fee.
If you are unable to submit your application online, please call 301-998-8100.