Assistant Property Manager
North Bethesda, MDAPPLY
- JOB ID 2021-1565
- Property Management
Federal Realty Investment Trust is a proven leader in the ownership, operation, development and redevelopment of premium retail real estate in the country's best markets. We consider ourselves one of the most innovative and dynamic real estate companies with which one can work. Interested candidates who research Federal Realty will learn about our high quality community shopping center and mixed use property portfolio. Federal Realty’s well-respected real estate investment and management team delivers a significant combination of both modest and large, value-add investments; being part of the team that conceives of an delivers these investments is very rewarding. While Federal Realty is one of the largest publicly traded real estate investment trusts in the country, as measured by the value of our assets, we function and operate more like a small company. Team members with initiative and proven ability get involved in many facets of executing Federal’s business plan. We encourage you to follow Federal Realty Investment Trust on LinkedIn.
Federal Realty Investment Trust is currently sourcing for an Assistant Property Manager. The ideal candidate will be a self-sufficient, self-starter who is detail oriented and extremely organized, can prioritize, has a passion for world class customer service, and thrives in a fast-paced dynamic environment. The candidate must enjoy working in a team environment while performing administrative and project-oriented tasks that ensure the smooth operation of the property.
- Assist the Regional Property Manager and Property Managers of multiple sites to ensure the goals and objectives of each asset are achieved, ensure all tenant obligations under the terms of the lease are met, and tenants are compliant with site regulations
- Assist with the direction and facilitation of merchant requests for facility, janitorial and security assistance
- Field tenant, customer and construction comments and complaints and responding where necessary
- Enter work orders, audit and close out work orders upon completion
- Assist in the preparation and review of financial reporting (annual budgets, monthly reporting, quarterly accruals, variances and expenses) and process monthly accruals as directed. Manage the accounts payable process, which includes researching and coding invoices and running reports
- Coordinate tenant moves (in and out) of leased premises within the center
- Send out tenant open/close notifications including temporary closures/openings, and subleases/assignments. Perform final walks of spaces and collect keys during space turnover
- Prepare tenant reimbursement letters and invoices as required
- Maintain/update tenant required maintenance spreadsheets – HVAC, pest control, plumbing, elevator, etc.
- Obtain quotations for building services, review contracts and agreements, and provide recommendations to the Property Managers
- Work with the Property Managers in the preparation of contracts, including vendor maintenance forms and change forms, as needed, along with scopes and vendor requests for quotes
- Establish and maintain a professional working relationship with all tenants at the center, both retail and office
- Coordinate with the Facilities Manager/Chief Engineers for requests including, HVAC and lighting
- Assist Property Managers with calendars, emails, meeting schedules and logistics
- Establish and maintain the operations filing system
- Prepare and follow up on expense reports and check requests as needed
- Maintain/update tenant contact lists for regular and after hours communication
- Generate and distribute tenant notifications related to testing, access requests by tenant coordination or management, power outages, violations, parking assignments, and traffic impact
- Send Mallcast notices to tenants
- Maintain alcohol licensing updates and compliance for restaurant users as needed
- Order property signage and uniforms as needed
- Order and coordinate the installation of “Coming Soon” and “For Lease” signs
- Manage contractors COI’s/W-9
- Perform property inspections in concert with Property Manager
- Assist with Level One Notifications and Incident Reports
- Complete other various projects and duties as assigned
- 2-3 years’ experience as an Administrative Assistant or Operations Coordinator
- Past experience in retail property management is a plus
- College or continuing education courses in related fields
- Proven ability to organize and handle multiple tasks simultaneously with the competence to manage time efficiently
- High intermediate skills in Microsoft Office programs including Outlook, Word, Excel and Access
- Demonstrated strong verbal and written communications skills
- Must possess a strong attention to detail
- Demonstrated ability to be self-sufficient and work independently
- Proven customer service skills, with an ability to calmly resolve disputes or complaints
- Must be flexible and able to adapt quickly with different projects in a fast pace environment
Federal Realty Investment Trust is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, genetics, sexual orientation, or protected Veteran status.
Federal Realty Investment Trust does not accept unsolicited resumes through or from search firms or staffing agencies. All unsolicited resumes will be considered the property of Federal Realty Investment Trust and Federal Realty Investment Trust will not be obligated to pay a placement fee.
If you are unable to submit your application online, please call 301-998-8100.