North Bethesda, MDAPPLY
- JOB ID 2021-1564
Federal Realty Investment Trust is a proven leader in the ownership, operation, development and redevelopment of premium retail real estate in the country's best markets. We consider ourselves one of the most innovative and dynamic real estate companies in the area. We encourage you to research Federal Realty to learn about our high-quality community shopping centers and mixed-use properties. While Federal Realty is one of the largest publicly traded real estate investment trusts in the country (as measured by the value of our assets), we function and operate as a small company. Team members with initiative and proven ability can be involved in many facets of executing Federal Realty’s business plan. We encourage you to look us up on LinkedIn and follow Federal Realty Investment Trust.
We are currently sourcing for a Staff Accountant to join our Accounting team in our corporate office in North Bethesda, Maryland. The Staff Accountant functions as a key part of a team responsible for ensuring the timeliness and accuracy of information entered into the general ledger for properties owned by Federal Realty Investment Trust, its affiliates and other legal entities. The Staff Accountant will work closely with the Accounting Manager and Senior Accountant to perform various accounting functions including, but not limited to, the month-end close process, general ledger account reconciliations, variance analysis and financial statement and internal control audits.
- Assist in month-end close process, including preparing and entering general ledger journal entries
- Perform bank reconciliations for Federal Realty and its affiliates
- Investigate discrepancies and ensure timely recording and resolution of outstanding items
- Ensure timely and accurate processing of monthly recurring entries
- Prepare and maintain prepaid real estate tax schedule to ensure general ledger reflects appropriate prepaid or liability balance. Prepare journal entries as needed
- Review monthly utility accruals for accuracy and assist with fluctuation analysis on monthly utility expense balances
- Oversee recording and payments for all company insurance policies. Prepare and maintain prepaid insurance account reconciliations
- Assist with preparation of sales and use tax filings, and other state and local tax filings as needed
- Perform quarterly general ledger account reconciliations and assist with tracking of company-wide reconciliations to ensure timely completion
- Prepare and maintain various analyses and schedules that help ensure the accuracy of monthly and quarterly financial data
- Assist with completion of the financial statement and internal control audits and Sarbanes Oxley compliance
- Participate in various projects as assigned
- BA/BS in Accounting
- 1 to 2 years accounting experience
- Strong attention to detail and well organized with the ability to prioritize and multi-task
- Excellent interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills
- Proficient in Excel and Word, as well as ability to efficiently utilize technology in completing assigned tasks
- Strong mix of accounting and organizational skills
- Process-oriented and works well in a team environment
Federal Realty Investment Trust is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.
Federal Realty Investment Trust does not accept unsolicited resumes through or from search firms or staffing agencies. All unsolicited resumes will be considered the property of Federal Realty Investment Trust and Federal Realty Investment Trust will not be obligated to pay a placement fee.
If you are unable to submit your application online, please call 301-998-8100.