North Bethesda, MDAPPLY
- JOB ID 2021-1561
Federal Realty Investment Trust is a proven leader in the ownership, operation, and redevelopment of high quality retail real estate in the country's best markets. We believe we are one of the most innovative and dynamic real estate companies you can work for. Interested candidates who research Federal Realty hear a lot about the high quality shopping centers and the well-respected real estate team at our core, it's the smaller intangible things that can make working at Federal so satisfying. You see, while we're one of the largest publicly traded real estate investment trusts in the country, as measured by the value of our shopping centers, we're really a very small company by most standards and we try to operate that way. That means that team members with initiative and ability can get involved in many facets of our business over the years. I encourage you to look us up on LinkedIn and follow Federal Realty Investment Trust.
Federal Realty Investment Trust is sourcing for an experienced Lease Administrator to join our Lease Administration team in our corporate office in North Bethesda, Maryland. This position is open to being remote. The Lease Administrator is responsible for the day-to-day duties associated with administering a portfolio of properties along with the day-to-day duties associated with abstracting and billing a portfolio of properties. This position serves as a liaison between Landlord and Tenant with regard to compliance of the Lease provisions once the document is executed and is an essential communicator with the rest of the company as it relates to their portfolio of properties.
- Abstract and maintain all current and new lease documentation for assigned properties
- Prepare and send lease and rent commencement letters to tenants
- Prepare and send annual rent increase letters to tenants
- Process account adjustments and prepare account reconciliations
- Run monthly rent rolls and bill miscellaneous tenant charges
- Responsible for base line collections
- Responsible for review and posting of monthly late fees
- Respond to various tenant correspondence
- Prepare special billings and work on special projects as they occur
- Other duties as assigned
- 3+ years of previous Lease Administration experience required, preferably with a retail real estate or property management company
- Undergraduate degree preferred
- Demonstrated familiarity with basic accounting and the ability to read and comprehend leases
- Independent worker with excellent organizational and team skills
- Ability to juggle multiple tasks under time constraints
- Strong Microsoft Word and Excel Skills
- Effective communication skills, both verbal and written
Federal Realty Investment Trust is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.
Federal Realty Investment Trust does not accept unsolicited resumes through or from search firms or staffing agencies. All unsolicited resumes will be considered the property of Federal Realty Investment Trust and Federal Realty Investment Trust will not be obligated to pay a placement fee.
If you are unable to submit your application online, please call 301-998-8100.