Assistant Property Manager
- JOB ID 2021-1539
- Property Management
Federal Realty Investment Trust is a proven leader in the ownership, operation, development and redevelopment of premium retail real estate in the country's best markets. We consider ourselves one of the most innovative and dynamic real estate companies with which one can work. Interested candidates who research Federal Realty will learn about our high quality community shopping center and mixed use property portfolio. Federal Realty’s well-respected real estate investment and management team delivers a significant combination of both modest and large, value-add investments; being part of the team that conceives of an delivers these investments is very rewarding. While Federal Realty is one of the largest publicly traded real estate investment trusts in the country, as measured by the value of our assets, we function and operate more like a small company. Team members with initiative and proven ability get involved in many facets of executing Federal’s business plan. We encourage you to follow Federal Realty Investment Trust on LinkedIn.
Federal Realty Investment Trust is currently sourcing for an Assistant Property Manager. The ideal candidate will be a self-sufficient, self-starter who is detail oriented and extremely organized, can prioritize, has a passion for world class customer service, and thrives in a fast-paced dynamic environment. The candidate must have an energetic attitude and enjoy working in a team environment while performing operational and project oriented tasks that ensure the smooth operation of the property. This position reports to the Regional Property Manager – Office.
- Assist the Regional Property Manager with day to day operations.
- Assist the Regional Property Manager with multiple sites to ensure the goals and objectives of the asset are achieved, ensure all tenant obligations under the terms of the lease are met, and tenants are compliant with site regulations.
- Establish and maintain strong and positive relationships with all clients, property tenants, vendors and contractors.
- Work with the entire property team including retail property management, engineering and other property services to get projects completed in a timely manner.
- Assist with the preparation and review of financial reporting (annual budgets, monthly reporting, quarterly accruals, variances and expenses) and process monthly accruals as directed by the Regional Property Manager. Manage the accounts payable process, which includes researching and coding invoices and running reports.
- Field tenant, customer and construction comments and complaints, responding and addressing as necessary.
- Assist with the oversight of capital expenditure projects with the Regional Property Manager including budgets, contracts and tenant coordination.
- Assist with the coordination of tenant moves (in and out) of leased premises within the center including but not limited to sending out tenant open/close notifications including temporary closures/openings, and subleases/assignments. Perform final walks of spaces and collect keys during space turnover.
- Assist the Regional Property Manager with competitively bidding and overseeing contracts for building services.
- Work with the Regional Property Manager in the preparation of contracts, including vendor maintenance forms and change forms, as needed, along with scopes and vendor requests for quotes.
- Coordinate with the Facilities Manager/Chief Engineer for requests of office tenants including, HVAC, janitorial and lighting. Enter work orders as needed, audit and close out work orders upon completion.
- Maintain/update tenant contact lists for regular and after hours communication.
- Complete other various projects and duties as assigned.
- 2-3 years’ experience as an Administrative Assistant or Operations Coordinator in a real estate or property management environment
- College or continuing education courses in related fields
- Intermediate to advanced skills in Microsoft Office including Outlook, Word, Excel and Access
- Must be a proactive, self-starter, team player, with good attention to detail
- Ability to provide a high degree of professional customer service to both internal and external parties
- Excellent in communications, organization, prioritization, follow-through and follow-up
- Excellent client relations skills with clients, tenants and vendors
- Proven ability to organize and handle multiple tasks simultaneously with the competence to manage time efficiently to meet deadlines
- Must be flexible and able to adapt quickly with different projects in a fast pace environment
Federal Realty Investment Trust is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, genetics, sexual orientation, or protected Veteran status.
Federal Realty Investment Trust does not accept unsolicited resumes through or from search firms or staffing agencies. All unsolicited resumes will be considered the property of Federal Realty Investment Trust and Federal Realty Investment Trust will not be obligated to pay a placement fee.