- JOB ID 2021-1535
Federal Realty Investment Trust is a proven leader in the ownership, operation, development and redevelopment of premium retail real estate in the country's best markets. We consider ourselves one of the most innovative and dynamic real estate companies in the area. We encourage you to research Federal Realty to learn about our high-quality community shopping centers and mixed-use properties. While Federal Realty is one of the largest publicly traded real estate investment trusts in the country (as measured by the value of our assets), we function and operate as a small company. Team members with initiative and proven ability can be involved in many facets of executing Federal Realty’s business plan. We encourage you to look us up on LinkedIn and follow Federal Realty Investment Trust.
Federal Realty Investment Trust is seeking an experienced person to fill our full-time Property Engineer position. As the Property Engineer for Federal, you will assist in the oversight of a number of properties within our Baltimore Area portfolio. The successful candidate will have the ability to enhance operational effectiveness by assisting in maintaining the integrity and efficient operation of all properties within the specified portfolio.
- Follow procedures to perform maintenance, diagnosis, and repair of mechanical, plumbing, electrical and/or site systems on the properties which include but are not limited to: Fire Protection/Sprinkler Systems; Plumbing Sewer Mains/Clean-out Drains/Structural Building Plumbing, Sump Pumps; Electrical Lighting for Site and Buildings; Roofing and Structures; Asphalt, Concrete and Painted surfaces; Furnishings and Fixtures; Snow Management
- Regularly inspect all properties for quality standards, ensuring to identify areas that may warrant repairs or upgrades
- Communicate regularly with the Property Manager on project status and operations, promptly reporting any potential or existing problems or concerns
- Perform the job in accordance with all applicable standards, policies and regulatory guidelines (i.e. OSHA standards) to promote a safe working environment
- Demonstrate exemplary tenant relations and project a positive and professional demeanor at all times
- Work with the Security Officers onsite to promote the safety of the property and its tenants, visitors, and guests
- Promote and contribute toward the overall effort in maintaining a high standard in the operation and appearance of assigned properties
- Assist with keeping accurate, up-to-date records as required
- Support the Marketing group in the set up and execution of events at the properties
- On-site supervision of property conditions during snow/ice inclement weather conditions
- Perform other maintenance duties as assigned
- Minimum 5 years' experience in past maintenance position
- High School diploma or equivalent
- Valid Driver's license is required to drive the company vehicle
- Skilled at using a variety of tools required for the job
- Demonstrated knowledge of safe work practices
- Mechanically inclined to make sound decisions in regards to repairs
- Must be able to climb ladders or scaffolding as needed
- Must be able to lift up to 50 pounds
- Must be able to walk a property 3 to 4 times a day
- Must be able to stand for long periods of time (up to 6 hours)
- Good communication skills
- Must have flexiblity with schedule as weekend and after hours work required
Federal Realty Investment Trust is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.
Federal Realty Investment Trust does not accept unsolicited resumes through or from search firms or staffing agencies. All unsolicited resumes will be considered the property of Federal Realty Investment Trust and Federal Realty Investment Trust will not be obligated to pay a placement fee.
If you are unable to submit your application online, please call 301-998-8100.