Senior Director, Residential Development
North Bethesda, MD
- JOB ID 2020-1524
Federal Realty Investment Trust is an industry leader in the ownership, operation, development and redevelopment of premium real estate in the country’s best markets. We consider ourselves one of the most innovative and dynamic real estate companies with which one can work. Interested candidates who research Federal Realty will learn about our high-quality community shopping center and mixed-use property portfolio. Federal Realty’s well-respected real estate investment and management team delivers a significant combination of both modest and large, value-add investments; being part of the team that identifies and delivers these investments is very rewarding. Team members with initiative and proven ability get involved in many facets of executing Federal Realty’s business plan. We encourage you to follow Federal Realty Investment Trust on LinkedIn.
Federal Realty Investment Trust is seeking a dynamic, well-rounded individual with proven multi-family community residential development experience. This position will be responsible for the visioning and execution of value-add multi-family development investment opportunities sourced within Federal’s existing portfolio of commercial real estate as well as other possible opportunistic transactional pursuits. Strong supported multi-family experience in comprehensively managing low and mid-rise stick-built buildings and/or podium type product from inception to delivery is vital in this position.
- Develop business strategies around multi-family investment and development. Communicate and oversee strategy implementation with key individuals and departments within Federal Realty.
- Command all aspects of the multi-family asset class including: physical, operational, market and economic subtleties, legal, and regulatory approval strategies negotiating pubic agency conditions of approval and permitting.
- Manage activities associated with multi-family development ranging from: investment ideation, revenue and cost underwriting, consultant selection, regulatory approvals, to: providing oversight management of design, construction, pro forma maintenance and revenue delivery.
- Oversight of sustainable design, construction and residential property operating goals and requirements.
- Build and manage development pro forma and project schedule of deliverables: idea to rent, the comprehensive path to revenue.
- Partner with in-house financial analysts to meet underwriting requirements.
- Maintain accurate project pro forma, cost and revenue reporting and schedule milestones through investment phases.
- Partner with internal residential asset management function on matters of design, underwriting, operations and delivery to the market.
- Work with in-house development/construction personnel to manage general contractors through pre-construction efforts, buying, contracting, scheduling, building and delivering rent to the residential asset management group.
- Work in conjunction with the Federal Realty acquisitions team in sourcing opportunistic development/redevelopment investments.
- 10+ years of proven multi-family residential development experience.
- Bachelor’s Degree (or higher) in related field.
- Proven command of residential design, construction types and cost metrics associated with commercial residential product is required.
- Knowledge of sustainable design, construction and residential property operating goals and requirements.
- Strong residential financial analysis skills.
- In depth knowledge of residential design and construction with supporting background in land use entitlement for residential development.
- Effective communicator with strong presentation skills around written and oral communication styles.
- Motivated, self-starter with strong management and leadership skills to motivate and guide individuals and team(s).
Federal Realty Investment Trust is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.
Federal Realty Investment Trust does not accept unsolicited resumes through or from search firms or staffing agencies. All unsolicited resumes will be considered the property of Federal Realty Investment Trust and Federal Realty Investment Trust will not be obligated to pay a placement fee.
If you are unable to submit your application online, please call 301-998-8100.