San Jose, CA
- JOB ID 2020-1523
Federal Realty Investment Trust is a proven leader in the ownership, operation, development and redevelopment of premium retail real estate in the country's best markets. We consider ourselves one of the most innovative and dynamic real estate companies one can work with. Interested candidates who research Federal Realty learn about our high-quality community shopping center and mixed-use property portfolio. Federal Realty’s well-respected real estate investment and management team delivers a significant combination of modest and large, value-add investments that can make working at Federal rewarding. While Federal Realty is one of the largest publicly traded real estate investment trusts in the country, as measured by the value of our assets, we're functionally a small company by most standards and we operate that way. Team members with initiative and proven ability get involved in many facets of executing Federal’s business plan. We encourage you to look us up on LinkedIn and follow Federal Realty Investment Trust.
We are currently sourcing for a Property Accountant. The Property Accountant functions as a key part of the West Coast finance and accounting team for property accounting and partnership reporting. The Property Accountant will assist with the month-end close process, general ledger account reconciliations, variance analysis, along with other accounting functions, to ensure accuracy of our financial data.
- Review monthly expense accruals/reclasses submitted by property operations, including reviewing for completeness of supporting documentation, validity of accruals/reclasses, and proper classification of expense vs. capital items.
- Preparation of monthly income and expense accruals for assigned properties; includes entering and uploading to general ledger as well as providing any supporting documentation and analyses.
- Perform fluctuation analysis on monthly utility expense balances and liaising with property operations to ensure accurate coding, adequate explanations of variances, and timely recording of adjustments.
- Perform variance analysis on property financial statements and review regularly with property operations group for assigned properties. Prepare adjusting entries as necessary to accurately state financials.
- Review quarterly partner distribution schedules and assist Asset Management in preparing distribution projections.
- Assist property operations with invoice coding and tenant billings; includes processing and coding real estate tax bills.
- Prepare sales and use tax filings, and other state and local tax filings as needed. Assist with maintaining compliance in various states, including coordination of sales tax audits.
- Prepare solar journal entries and related accruals.
- Assist with completion of the financial statement and internal control audits and Sarbanes Oxley compliance.
- Participate in various projects as assigned.
- BA/BS in Accounting required
- 3 to 5 years accounting experience
- Self-starter with ability to prioritize and multitask
- Strong attention to detail and well organized
- Excellent interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills
- Advanced MS Excel skills
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- CPA or CPA candidate a plus
Federal Realty Investment Trust is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.
Federal Realty Investment Trust does not accept unsolicited resumes through or from search firms or staffing agencies. All unsolicited resumes will be considered the property of Federal Realty Investment Trust and Federal Realty Investment Trust will not be obligated to pay a placement fee.
If you are unable to submit your application online, please call 301-998-8100.