Real Estate Sales Associate
Los Angeles, CA
- JOB ID 2020-1516
Federal Realty is a proven leader in the ownership, operation, and redevelopment of high quality retail real estate in the country's best markets. We believe we are one of the most innovative and dynamic real estate companies you can work for. Interested candidates who research Federal Realty hear a lot about the high quality shopping centers and the well-respected real estate team at our core, it's the smaller intangible things that can make working at Federal so satisfying. You see, while we're one of the largest publicly traded real estate investment trusts in the country, as measured by the value of our shopping centers, we're really a very small company by most standards and we try to operate that way. That means that team members with initiative and ability can get involved in many facets of our business over the years. I encourage you to look us up on LinkedIn and follow Federal Realty Investment Trust.
We are currently hiring for a Real Estate Sales Associate based in Los Angeles, California to facilitate the growth and development of a regional leasing program, overseeing the leasing process for temporary tenant space including in-line, vending, carts, parking lot events, signage and other forms of temporary income other than permanent leasing. Reporting to the VP, Specialty Leasing, this role is responsible for generating new revenue through temporary leasing and temporary deal making for multiple shopping centers within the Southern California region, by canvassing, cold-calling, and growing existing tenants, adding new concepts and meeting specific new business income goals through aggressive deal making.
- Prospect for potential tenants in all venues including local malls, street retail and any forum that has the potential to yield new tenant opportunities. Success of the program and achieving results is directly related to a high level of prospecting and cold calls.
- Negotiate new leases, renewal agreements, and various other lease documents.
- Fill vacant retail spaces and the common area with revenue producing tenants and activities while maximizing rent.
- Prepare and manage the assigned portfolio budget, including monthly variance analysis preparation and forecasting.
- Work with the VP to coordinate and facilitate set up of tenants and aspects of lease deals.
- Attend ICSC and other Retail or Specialty Leasing Conferences, as appropriate.
- Perform other duties and projects, as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree in a business-related discipline
- 3+ years of experience with a background in real estate leasing, commercial real estate leasing, or sales
- Bilingual in English and Spanish
- Strong understanding of the operation of the shopping center business, as well as the local real estate market
- Must have the ability to analyze and evaluate tenancies throughout the designated portfolio and implement strategies to increase cash flow
- Proven ability to communicate openly and effectively with merchants, shopping center management, leasing and marketing building rapport and solid, constructive relationships
- Demonstrated self-starter with excellent organization skills, goal orientation, and flexibility with an attention to detail and strong follow-up
- Ability to work on the road the majority of the time
- Ability to travel throughout the Maryland, DC and Virginia portfolio understanding that success is derived from the amount of time spent prospecting for potential tenants
- Strong negotiation, interpersonal communication and writing skills
- Demonstrated resourcefulness, persistence, and creativity with the proven ability to close deals
- Solid proficiency in Microsoft Excel, Word, and Outlook
Federal Realty Investment Trust is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, genetics, sexual orientation, or protected Veteran status.
Federal Realty Investment Trust does not accept unsolicited resumes through or from search firms or staffing agencies. All unsolicited resumes will be considered the property of Federal Realty and no placement fees will be paid.
If you are unable to submit your application online, please call 301-998-8100.