San Jose, CA
- JOB ID 2020-1511
Federal Realty is a proven leader in the ownership, operation, development and redevelopment of premium retail real estate in the country's best markets. We consider ourselves one of the most innovative and dynamic real estate companies one can work with. Interested candidates who research Federal Realty learn about our high-quality community shopping center and mixed-use property portfolio. While Federal Realty is one of the largest publicly traded real estate investment trusts in the country, as measured by the value of our assets, we're functionally a small company by most standards and we operate that way. We encourage you to look us up on LinkedIn and follow Federal Realty Investment Trust.
We are currently looking for a dynamic, motivated Director with retail leasing experience who thrives in a fast-paced environment to join our West Coast leasing team. This role is based in San Jose, California and is responsible for the leasing activities related to our grocery-anchored shopping center portfolio of retail space in our multi-property portfolio in the West Coast Region. Successful candidates must have past experience leasing shopping centers and be able to provide a deal sheet.
- Execute the tasks necessary to accomplish leasing goals, including, but not limited to, canvassing, setting up meetings, showing space, preparing and negotiating proposals, obtaining market comparables, and other follow up tasks as necessary.
- Canvas local, regional, and national retailers, through cold calling and relationship building.
- Maintain solid understanding of competitive properties, market knowledge and critical market dynamics.
- Participate in the creation of leasing budgets and leasing assumptions to ensure timely completion of deals creating long-term value for the portfolio.
- Prepare monthly leasing reports and merchandising category hit lists.
- Oversee tenant negotiations for specific spaces from the Letter of Intent process through to lease execution working closely with the legal team on all lease negotiations.
- Interact and build relationships with brokerage community and effectively articulate features, attributes, benefits and availabilities at the various properties.
- Perform other duties and responsibilities, as required.
- 5-10 years of experience as a retail real estate leasing professional
- Bachelor's Degree in Business, Marketing or Communications or similar field required, or equivalent combination of education and work experience
- Proven ability to develop and maintain relationships with clients and retailers across a broad spectrum of categories and price points
- Must be a team player with a strong work ethic and demonstrated ability to work independently and in a team environment
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills with the demonstrated ability to present effectively one-on-one and in groups
- Proven ability to manage and communicate effectively with all levels of employees, customers and stakeholders
- Proven ability to use judgment and discretion to make the appropriate decision regarding merchandising at different locations
- General knowledge of merchandising and experience with short and long term merchandising strategies
- Ability to understand the current and future impact of all negotiated decisions
- Must have strong selling skills and effective negotiating and closing skills that support the Company’s business philosophies
- Ability to multitask with strong problem solving, organizational and project management skills
Federal Realty Investment Trust is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, genetics, sexual orientation, or protected Veteran status.
Federal Realty Investment Trust does not accept unsolicited resumes through or from search firms or staffing agencies. All unsolicited resumes will be considered the property of Federal Realty Investment Trust and Federal Realty Investment Trust will not be obligated to pay a placement fee.