Federal Realty has designed a comprehensive pay and benefits program. This summary provides a brief overview of the comprehensive package of benefits programs available to our employees. Click on the links to find out about the benefits currently offered to full-time Federal Realty employees. Part-time employees receive modified benefits. More detailed information is available from the Human Resources Department.
Federal Realty’s benefit programs are offered to employees who are regular full-time employees (working 40 hours each week). Regular part-time employees (working between 30 and 39 hours per week) are eligible for vacation accrual and health insurance. The above provisions set forth are abbreviated. Certain plans have preexisting conditions and other limitations. The complete terms and conditions are contained in each respective company policy manual, group insurance policy, plan document and trust agreement.
- Paid vacation: starting with 2 weeks per year with a graduated scale up to 5 weeks per year
- Personal days: 3 days per year
- Sick leave: 9 days per year
- 10 paid holidays
- Bereavement leave: up to 5 days off for qualified events
- Military leave
- Jury duty
Certain conditions and limitations may exist.
- Medical insurance: Aetna Open Choice PPO or Aetna Health Fund coverage commences after 30 days of employment.
- Dental insurance: Offered through Aetna.
- Vision discount program
Insurance plans may have conditions and other limitations. The complete terms and conditions are contained in the respective policy and plan documents.
- 401 (k) Retirement Program with matching contribution
- Educational assistance through tuition reimbursement and internal and external training
- Short-term disability
- Flexible Spending Account to be used as an associate sees fit for medical, dependent care and other covered items
- Life insurance: based on years of service
- Long-term disability
- Accidental death and dismemberment insurance
- Annual incentive bonus program
- Direct deposit
- Annual salary review
Plans and programs may have conditions and other limitations. The complete terms and conditions are contained in the respective plan documents or the Company policy manual.
- Kitchens stocked with free soda, juice, coffee and tea
- Use of full size refrigerator and microwave
- Indoor and outdoor lunch/break area
- Free bagels and cream cheese every Wednesday
- Free parking
- Business casual dress attire
- Corporate headquarters located in Congressional Plaza: a Federal Realty property that includes retail, restaurant, and spa facilities as well as ATMs and dry cleaning shops
- Convenient access to public transportation: one block from Twinbrook Metro on Red Line
- Discount tickets available for entertainment events, movies and other programs
- Rockville employees enjoy an in-house Fitness Center
- San Jose employees enjoy a discount membership through Club One located on-site at Santana Row
Convenience benefits may change from time to time.
- Annual performance evaluation
- Employee referral program
- Employee recognition program
- Internal training
- Annual summer picnic
- Annual holiday event
- Halloween party
- Housing discount (The Crest & Santana Row)
Employee programs may change from time to time.